Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Mommyof2Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question What's your favorite, Cricketts or MEOS?

I've been doing LOTS of research and I think that these are the 2 that I've come down to. I would like to have 12 fitteds (all the same brand). So what do you think? I started out thinking that I'd want a os, but now I'm wondering if they would look huge for the first 6 months of so? I would like a dipe that will last through a couple of children, trim under clothing, absorbant, and of course not real expensive. TIA!

~MEOS (probably bamboo)
~Cricketts

Ok I'm also interested in these.......
~Sandys (bamboo?)
~Patooshie Pants OS
~Tender Tush OS

Advertisement

Jessica ~ wife to Jeff 11/9/02 and SAH, HSing, CDing, Jesus Loving mommy to my 5 sweeties, Olivia Grace 8/20/05 , Austin Jeffrey 4/24/07 , Abigail Lynn 4/9/09 , Owen Rodney 5/17/11 , and Wyatt Stanley 6/21/13

Last edited by Mommyof2Blessings; 04-23-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Mommyof2Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cricketts or MEOS

I love my crickets. I don't know about under clothing though. My dd was right on the edge of the sizing so I decided to go with the toddler ones and I use them as nap/night time diapers because they are really absorbant. I don't know if I'd be able to get them under her pants but I think that that may partly be due to the fact that she has plenty of room in the toddler ones.
tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
luvin4kidz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have toddler size Cricketts and MEOS and I like them both. The MEOS are softer and trimmer, but the Cricketts deffinately are more absorbant. I don't have any Sandy's, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
Mommyof2Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still conflicted! :-) Anyone else have any thoughts?
Jessica ~ wife to Jeff 11/9/02 and SAH, HSing, CDing, Jesus Loving mommy to my 5 sweeties, Olivia Grace 8/20/05 , Austin Jeffrey 4/24/07 , Abigail Lynn 4/9/09 , Owen Rodney 5/17/11 , and Wyatt Stanley 6/21/13
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
Spitcairn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's your favorite, Cricketts or MEOS?

I've tried both the MEOS and Cricketts (although not on a nb) and I found both not to be very trim. Sorry mama, I know I'm not helping!

The Cricketts are more absorbent but the MEOS are softer.

Buy 1 of each and sell the other, then go buy you a doz of the ones you like!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't tried the others, but I heart my Cricketts toddlers and just bought more.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
mombygrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have sandies, cricketts and meos. I like cricketts for absorbency and less bulk though meos is softer.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #8
Mommyof2Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 04-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #9
Scotch
Registered Users
seller

I disliked the Cricketts over time because, at least with my water, any hemp fleece diaper gets scratchy over time. I had owned one for a few months and sold it because the texture bothered me (but not DS1). Otherwise I liked the fit of the diaper on DS1. I think the MEOS bamboo is fine - I own 6. It is trim but not very absorbent for a heavy wetter; I always add a couple of doublers for day use. I've never tried the other MEOS fabrics. Some mamas say the bamboo is too slippery and they get wing droop; I haven't had that problem yet. I like the Sandy's. It is the bulkiest of these three but there is just something about it -- it looks so comfy on DS2 (we have the bamboo version). Definitely not triim under clothing dipes, but I like having the Sandy's in our stash. (I did not like the regular cotton terry Sandy's as much -- we had several XS sizes for DS2 as newborns. The reason I wasn't that fond of them was because the cotton terry got a bit rough over time -- again that may just be due to my water.)

I recommend that you do not buy 12 of any diaper before trying it on your child. No matter what different mamas say about each diaper, whether a dipe would work for you depends on your child's shape, how heavily/lightly your child pees, etc. When I first started CD'ing DS1 I bought several diapers based on raves on the boards and Pin reviews but they turned out to be my least favorite diapers. Now when I try a new diaper I tend to buy no more than one at a time even if I lose out on shipping deals or bulk discounts. It is a pain to sell used diapers and when you keep doing that dozens of times you just end up loosing a lot of money.

Keep in mind that more absorbency usually means more bulk. Personally I think it is good to have some different diapers for different needs. I have trim diapers that goes under clothes and more absorbent but bulkier diapers for better absorbency and naps/bedtimes, etc. Best of luck on your search for the perfect dipe!

Last edited by Scotch; 04-23-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:33 AM   #10
Mommyof2Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, thanks for all the help! Maybe I'll get one of each to try them out.? I would love to just go with pfs so that I could save all the money that I told dh that we would! But then I'd probably just get into bv pfs and wool! :-) So far I can't get a good fit with pfs and the perfectionist in me is going crazy!