Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just need to vent a little bit...

I have been SOOOOOOOO sore the last few days. Not sure if my thrush is coming back or if it's all bruisng, but it's awful again

But I just have ONE request....PLEASE don't tell me this:

"Wow, if I had all those problems I never would have made it this far!"

Why do people have to say that????????
I guess it's supposed to be meant as a compliment that I'm so diligent and determined, but all it does is make me feel like a freak of nature for having so many issues. It makes me wish them upon YOU....so just tell me your sorry and that you're supporting my decision to keep going at all costs...and give me any ideas you may have for making my life a little bit better.

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
wendellg
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Just need to vent a little bit...

Is it ok to say, sacrifice is a mothers middle name and that we are suppose to go to any means possible to do what is best for our children.

wendellg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
frankelmama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

SS mama! I had all kinds of nipple problems w/ my 4th LO - yeast, mastitis, latch problems. It's enough to make your toes curl while tears are streaming down your face. I hope it get better for you. And FWIW I was told that soooo many times - and we are NOT freaks, we are doing what it best for our LO. One day at a time mama!
frankelmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I know mamma, we just feel like it should be a little easier.

You are doing a great job. You are not a freak, or if you are, then I am too. Keep up the good work.

Do anything you can to keep nursing at all costs, that's what I am trying to do. Last week at a yard sale, I even bought more bottles, thinking, "well, I'll need more if I have to start bottle feeding". I put them up in the cabinet out of my sight. I wanted to be prepared if worse came to worst, but I'm going to do everything I can to keep nursing. Some days are easier (notice the IER, not easy) than others. I just keep pressing on, taking it one nursing session at a time. I've also resigned myself to the fact that it is NEVER going to be easy with this one. I'm over my dream of this being the perfect bfing relationship. I've mourned, since this will be my last; but sometimes life just doesn't turn out like you think it will...boy have I realized that through the course of my lifetime. It's okay to feel sad about losing what you thought would happen. But, now you are presented with some challenges and you have to rise to the occassion, that is what you are doing now, rising, and you are doing a great job of it, you freak (just kidding) .
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nursing is hard, you're doing good. Just remember it's what's best for baby. Hang in there!!
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
I know mamma, we just feel like it should be a little easier.

You are doing a great job. You are not a freak, or if you are, then I am too. Keep up the good work.

Do anything you can to keep nursing at all costs, that's what I am trying to do. Last week at a yard sale, I even bought more bottles, thinking, "well, I'll need more if I have to start bottle feeding". I put them up in the cabinet out of my sight. I wanted to be prepared if worse came to worst, but I'm going to do everything I can to keep nursing. Some days are easier (notice the IER, not easy) than others. I just keep pressing on, taking it one nursing session at a time. I've also resigned myself to the fact that it is NEVER going to be easy with this one. I'm over my dream of this being the perfect bfing relationship. I've mourned, since this will be my last; but sometimes life just doesn't turn out like you think it will...boy have I realized that through the course of my lifetime. It's okay to feel sad about losing what you thought would happen. But, now you are presented with some challenges and you have to rise to the occassion, that is what you are doing now, rising, and you are doing a great job of it, you freak (just kidding) .
Yesterday I was so depressed. I just wanted to get on here and pm you for support and STUPID DS wasn't working! AH! Today is better though. I called a new lactation consultant that I'm going to go see next week when I get back home (at MIL's this week). Everyone keeps telling me he nurses like a tongue tied baby, but I can't see that he is! He can stick is tongue out just fine! It just seems like it's a different issue...but maybe the new LC will help a little more. I told the consultant on the phone that he won't take a bottle and she said, "Oh- that's a new issue too- he really should be able to do it." Why does everyone make me feel like I have issues on top of issues?!
Cautiously expecting #5
Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Is it that he can't take a bottle or won't? I haven't even tried with Aiden, he probably couldn't do that either.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
Tavie and Ellie's Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope things get better for both of you soon! Have you tried these yet? http://www.target.com/Playtex-Soothi...e=1&rh=&page=1

They worked wonders for me when I had mastitis
Old 04-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
Is it that he can't take a bottle or won't? I haven't even tried with Aiden, he probably couldn't do that either.
I think it's that he won't...but still the LC said it's a problem. Great. Well he has to learn by next week because I have to go back to work 2 days a week!
Cautiously expecting #5