Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #11
shell015
Banned
seller

Re: What can I do about my $400 sewing machine.

So I filed the claim with PP today. Or actually the contact the seller thing not sure what it is called. 10 min later the dude called me. I am not sure how he got my no. but he says through PP. He was screaming and cussing me.. IRATE. He said I was a liar and he sent it with the machine. I informed him that in fact he didn't and it wasn't in there. He said that he would send a comperable one... I am not really good with that I want the one that was designed to go with it. But I informed him I needed one and he could A either overnight it to me or B I would send him back the machine and he could refund my money and my shipping back to him since it's like $40 bucks to ship this 38 lb machine. He said he would do neither. He would ship the foot control and the power cord but only by ground and that it would be a comperable one and not the one that actually goes with it. He said it was off of a 301A model but it would work the same... He said I needed to take pics of the female parts of the machine so he would know what parts to send me. Which tells me the dude has noooooo clue. I don't even want it now. I just want to send the whole thing back and get my money back. He hung up on me during the phone call. Then about 6pm I get a notification from DHL that says a shipment went out from him to me today at 4:12pm Cali time. I call DHL and they can't tell me if it was overnighted, if the name and addy are mine... as he sent the last package to the wrong addy and someone was nice enough to inform me and I drove to pick it up. Anyway DHL says the info hasn't populated in their system and they aren't sure if it is overnighted, but they would think it would have populated if it were. She is going to call me back as soon as she knows anything.

Advertisement

shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #12
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Yes you can afford to DHL has really really low rates you can probably ship for under 20.00 I would send it back and file with paypal a dispute because that is a lot of money to spend on something that you have no idea works and even if you did find the piece elsewhere by the time you get it, it could be too late to file with paypal.

PROTECT YOUR SELF and do not worry about what feedback he will leave. $400.00 is too much to worry about your feedback!

ETA sorry did not read the whole post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell015
Yeah he has 4 neg. feedbacks in the past 12 months. I am just afraid what they refund won't cover me having to find this piece and buy it since they no longer make the machine. I am also wondering if the reason that he didn't include it might be that it doesn't work. Therefore I would be out the whole machine... Urghh. But I can't exactly afford to mail back the 38 lb machine and lose my shipping both ways and when I receive my money back not have enough to get another one.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #13
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow, this sounds like a huge mess! Personally, I wouldn't have someone cussing at me. I would just tell him you're sending it back and want a full refund. Its his responsibility to either send you the part that GOES to the machine you purchased or refund you for the $$$ amt. it'll take to get the part. If he didn't even know what part it needed (since he needs pics of the female parts) how can he be sure that he indeed included it in the packaging as he stated? That's just insane! That doesn't make any sense...so, he knows that he for sure packed it all up, but he doesnt even know what part he needs...and how can he be sure its comparable? His solution stinks if you ask me!! I definately would be leaving him neg. feedback, as well. I hope you get it resolved soon.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #14
shell015
Banned
seller

I just don't want neg feedback left for me. I have worked hard for my ebay feedback to get where it is. I am only at 29. I can't afford even one bad one. And will paypal really rule in my favor when I don't have any way to prove that it wasn't included and he did send me another one. See the man is smart he called me rather than emailed me... but I did have to pic message him from my phone with the female parts. I just want to be done with this dude and the machine... but I don't want to lose money in the process.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #15
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

Hey, if he taped it up then there is no way anything got lost AFTER he packaged it so he MUST have excluded it from the package.

YES Paypal has your phone AND when in a dispute/claim it COULD be available to both parties (do you have his? maybe it's only onesided because of who files the claim). They won't give it out unless it's part of the process. OR maybe, did you have to provide it for shipping purposes?

DO NOT talk to him on the phone anymore. If he calls say "I'm sorry, please email me at....xxxxx if you have something else to say to me."

CALL OR EMAIL paypal ASAP and tell them he phoned you and SWORE and HARASSED you. Ask them what to do. He already has your number but maybe him calling you violated something. If he calls tell him you reported him to paypal for the previous call and then say all that stuff above.

When you get the new package BE CAREFUL opening it. If you open it look inside to see what's there, see if it will work. If all is good and you are happy fine, if all isn't good repackage it as best as possible and mark it RETURN TO SENDER and call DHL to find out how to return a refused package.

Then, proceed with paypal as items not as described. DO NOT GIVE UP. I would also send the machine back after the claim is settled. Don't do it before or things could go south really fast.

Keep us updated!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #16
shell015
Banned
seller

Well today I got the other part. The foot control and plug. But no manual or oil. I bought the oil for it but because he still left out the manual I am going to have to drive down to my parents' tomorrow evening to have Daddy hook it all up and look it over and see if it is worth keeping. If it isn't then I guess I will have to start the process all over again with arguing with him. He called me today and said "Well Little B@#$% are you happy with your F&^*$ machine now?" I just hung up and added it to my PP dispute. I am just sooooo upset by this. I don't know what to do about the feedback even if it is a good machine. It has been a horrible experience and I don't want anyone else to have to suffer like I did. But at the same time the dude hasn't left me FB. Urghhh.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #17
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

OMG, how can such a horrible person live with themselves?

I mean...DUH...if the foot pedal had been there you wouldnt have contacted him saying it WASNT.....No one needs 2 foot petals....KWIM?

suggestion.... speakerphone and tape recorder....if he calls again. Say "hold on just a second" and turn on the speakerphone and tape recorder...or just have it RIGHT next to the phone so if you hear his voice (which I assume you "know" by now) click speakerphone and record as fast as you can.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:08 AM   #18
shell015
Banned
seller

That is a good idea. He always calls from a private number. I have just made myself not answer private calls anymore. I do not enjoy being cussed over his mistake. I am sooooo ready to be done with this turd.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #19
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

lleyes2: figures he would call from a "private" number.....

UGH that makes me even MORE mad!
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #20
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats terribly disgusting...what kind of person talks like that to someone else???

I'm sorry you are dealing with him...what a jerk! I hope your machine works...If you have to order a new manual it's about $25...at least thats how much it was going to be to replace my serger one...but luckily my lovely DS mama that shipped it to me sent me another package with the manual and foot pedal in it

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote