Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Oh I hope I don't regret this.. I ordered a regent

Maybe I should have gotten him the frontier? Maybe I should have gotten the Boulevard like I had been wanting to do.. But, I couldn't help but think that since he's already 2 and 27.5 lbs that he will be FF soon.. his scenera can RF until 35lbs, so might as well keep using that one a bit longer and then move to the regent, right? It goes up to 80lbs too, instead of just 65 with the Boulevard. But the frontier goes up even higher to 100lbs and they can be taller too.. You know though, my almost 13 yo still isn't 100 lbs, she's just 84lbs and there's no way I could pay her to sit in a seat.. so maybe it will be ok.. So I ordered the sahara one.. anyone have a regent? Do you love it?

Advertisement

Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh I hope I don't regret this.. I ordered a regent

Good choice!

The Frontier has lower top slots so it is VERY doubtful any child will make it to 80lbs in it (some will who have short torsos)

The Regent is the way to go!

I LOVE DSs Regents! My fav carseat by far for FFing!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have the Regent, too. DS is tall and stocky. He was in an infant bucket seat at maxed it at 2 and a half months.

He's three and a half now and we've had the Regent over a year. I feel like it's a great seat and the right decision for us. It's also the first seat he has ever slept in so I know he is comfortable.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:36 AM   #4
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I probably would have waited a little longer to order anything since you have so much life left in your scenera. 8lbs will buy you a LOT of time, like over a year most likely. DD1 is 2.5 and maaaaybe gained 2lbs since she turned 2. She was 20lbs at her 1 year wbv and is now about 26lbs. If possible, I'd return it and order when he gets to about 33lbs so you can get the max lifetime out of the seat before it expires.

If you don't open the package at all and write "refuse, return to sender" on the box they won't charge you for shipping, though you may still be out shipping from when they sent it to you if you paid for it and/or a restocking fee.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.

Last edited by Kanga; 04-25-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

We have a Regent and love it! It might be overkill for our 2 y.o., but he's sort of on the small side anyway. Your LO will grow into it and get a lot of use out of it. My 5 y.o. DD is still riding in hers.

ETA: You could definitely get quite a bit more use out of your Scenera, though. DS is 2, like your LO, and his weight has really leveled out as far as not gaining so quickly.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here

Last edited by rebeccah5; 04-25-2008 at 05:38 AM.
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we just got a regent less than 2 wks ago and I LOVE it! There is plenty of growing room for my 4.5 y.o. and it's so plush and comfy looking. I do agree with the pp about waiting to buy it though, if it's just going to sit there for a year I would have waited to buy. Unless you have another car to use it in for now.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #7
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Well he just had another growth spurt the past 2 wks.. you know they look like they are chubbing up, then they shoot up an inch or so? I just weighed him and he's now 28.4 without anything on.. so with his cloths and shoes on while riding in his seat, he will be right about 30lbs.. I'm tripping out because he was barely 27lbs maybe a month ago! lol! So really he has about 5 lbs to go and if he'd ever get a really good appetite, I would think he could put that on fairly quick.. I was actually thinking as long as he's over 30lbs, it would be alright to put him ff.. Maybe about 30lbs without clothes/32 with? The seats say as soon as 20lbs, which I personally think is waaay too soon after researching... I need to start giving him some oreos and hoho's to get that 2.6 lbs on him!!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #8
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to add, that I originally wanted the boulevard and had my eye on a particular one for a couple weeks... When I went back last night to purchase it, they had upped the price by $40! Then dh mentioned maybe we ought to get a bigger one anyways since he's already 2. My line of thinking with the boulevard was if/when we have another baby, I could pass the boulevard to the new baby and get him a regent then. We are lucky enough to get him, so who's to say we'd ever get blessed again anyways.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #9
Spitcairn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just got the Frontier for my 2 yr old, 28lbs. I LOVE it, you can use the harness up to 80LBS and then it converts to a booster (without the harness) from 40-100LBS- the weight range overlaps so that you can convert when you feel ready.

Quote:
The Frontier has lower top slots so it is VERY doubtful any child will make it to 80lbs in it (some will who have short torsos)
The Frontier only as one set of shoulder slots BUT that part of the seat slides up and down to accomodate height instead of having to move the straps behind the seat. I really like this feature!

I am sure to 80lbs is for those with chunky ones!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #10
3blessingmom
Registered Users

We bought a Regent for ds-5yo in Feb. and LOVE it! dd -3yo could use it, but she has a couple more lbs left in her Eddie Bauer. My other ds will need to FF about the same time dd needs a Regent, so we'll be getting another Regent soon

The only thing is that they are GINORMOUS!!!! You have to make sure it will fit in your vehicle.

Stocking SAT>http://hyenacart.com/SoggyBottomSolutions/
3blessingmom is offline   Reply With Quote