Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
My Mood:
Re: BF baby with reflux

Thanks so much everyone for the advise. LO does sleep in either her swing or her vibrating chair. She is on her 2nd med, (lanosprazole) for about a week now. Hopeing this will help.
Thanks again

Traci, wife to John Mom to Cassie 10/98 Sarah 3/2000 and Emily 9/06

10% off for a limited time. for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
Registered Users

we have been there and it is so hard....we also tried 3 different medicines...but it really just took a bit of growth (and his ability to be more upright) that ended up "curing" it. He does have a milk allergy too though, so perhaps eliminating that would be an option...hugs!
mamaofbabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

i second an elimination diet. dairy is the most common, start there. my kiddo has a terrible dairy allergy, and had horrible reflux. i cut out all dairy (even the hidden stuff, check labels), and the vomiting stopped completely, even most of the spitting up stopped. it was amazing.
Jen, partner to Michael, momma to Zoe (8y), Selene (4y), Garvin (2y), and "Swarley" (due Jan '11)
shadowdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: BF baby with reflex

Originally Posted by pmills4 View Post
My dd has Reflux really bad. Her ped told me to put her to sleep in her carseat after she eats. It keeps her in the upright position and she does not spit up as much as if she were laying on her back. A swing works good too. Anything as long as they are in the upright position. The LO should be having regular checkups and as long as she is gaining weight there is no reason to be concerned. My DD still spits up on a regular basis but she is gaining weight very well so there is no reason to be concerned. She can also talk to the doc about changing her meds. Even on meds though they tend to still spit up.

The medicines help with the pain on reflux. If the baby is a spitter they are still going to be a spitter - just not in pain. That is the idea at least.
Julie - SAHM to Daniel 11/06 - 34 weeks, Elizabeth Anne 5/08 - 35 weeks Katie Marie - 3/10 - 36 weeks, 6 days
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote