Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Thanks!

Advertisement

Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3

Last edited by *Alabamamom*; 07-11-2008 at 08:12 AM.
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did you just ever get a feeling that you were going to have your children?

Well, I didn't to the extent you are talking, but with my son, I knew I was pregnant when all the tests were coming back negative and knew I was having a boy. With my youngest, I knew I was having another girl.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was like that with all of my babies, too. Except the last one we tried for a girl and got a baby boy. But in my heart I knew he'd be a boy. It was worth a try anyway lol. It's kinda cool when you just KNOW isn't it? My last 2 I actually had dreams of the ultrasound and saw the boy parts.
Ryan- 8/07 , and Kyler- 11/09

~Homeschooling, cloth loving, green family~
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
Jonesy
SHWING!
seller

My Mood:

I didn't. I feel weird as a mom sometimes 'cause of that. I didn't know I was pregnant with each until a couple months in...I never knew what I was going to have...never dreamt about my kids before they were here.
I used to feel like I was somehow less of a mom or something because of that. But I don't anymore. I just feel incredibly blessed that I get to be the mom of my two little monsters. And maybe one day...there will be another one
Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have always known that I was going to have 2 girls and then a boy. SO far, I'm right. We'll see with #3 in a year or two
Old 04-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
I didn't. I feel weird as a mom sometimes 'cause of that. I didn't know I was pregnant with each until a couple months in...I never knew what I was going to have...never dreamt about my kids before they were here.
I used to feel like I was somehow less of a mom or something because of that. But I don't anymore. I just feel incredibly blessed that I get to be the mom of my two little monsters. And maybe one day...there will be another one

Aww I definitley don't think it makes you any less of a mom! I'm sure there are a lot more people who don't know than do. As long as you love them and take care of them it's all that matters.
Ryan- 8/07 , and Kyler- 11/09

~Homeschooling, cloth loving, green family~
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well i feel like i'm going to have a baby girl oneday, despite DH saying we are done...but i also thought my second and third would be a girl too..and i got boys!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always had the feeling that we'd have a least one child by birth... and I had an inkling (is that a word? LOL) that we'd also adopt... I knew that if we adopted, it would be our first child and always believed our first would be a girl.. well, we've adopted our girl... and I am hoping to be pregnant with #2 as we speak (testing tomorrow).

While God surprises me everyday... I know His plan is best.. but I've always felt in my heart that he would bless us with a full term pregnancy... I've always wanted to be able to give birth and nurse - just don't know WHEN.

I've also always wanted twins... and 3 or 4 children (dh says 2 maybe 3) so I always joke about going for #3 and ending up with twins and making it 4... but we are a ways off from that yet.. still need to work on #2!

I did get pregnant when our LO was 4 - 5 months old... and while we were pleasantly surprised, I was fearful of having children so close in age... and I ended up having a miscarriage - and I wonder if part of it was due to my doubt.... I know that sounds kinda strange.. but I was somewhat relieved when we lost the baby - because I just felt it wasn't the right time. But I know if that baby had been born, we would have rejoiced and figured out how to make it work with children close in age....

I don't know if I answered your question or not....

I have had several dreams about other people having children, and being correct on the gender... like a friend of mine who was pregnant with a boy - I dreamt that she gave birth to twin girls, but that she had a boy who was already 2 or 3.... well, her first was indeed a boy and a couple of years later, she gave birth to twin girls...

My brother's wife is expecting in August and I dreamt they are having a boy... we'll have to wait and see if that comes true.

I've had several dreams about having a baby at Christmas time.... our last miscarriage would have been a Christmas baby...
Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:50 AM   #9
Wendylady
Registered Users

Well with our first when we decided to start trying to have a baby I went off birth control and got pregnant that very month. With my second, I was off birth control for almost 2yrs(we weren't actively trying, but not doing anything to prevent either). Then my husband's father passed away, and on our way home from the funeral my husband told me he really wanted another boy, and to name him after his dad. At that point I was a week late on my cycle and I'd been attributing it to grief and stress, but decided to test when we got home after he made that comment. Yep, I was pregnant, and our youngest now has his grandpa's name as his middle name. I've felt since that day that we weren't meant to have our second till he could help my husband have some joy to look forward to after the death of his dad.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #10
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sooo don't have that kind of intuition, but my DH does. He would tell me I was pg BEFORE it was time for me to miss my period and he has known the gender of BOTH of his babies before the telling u/s. It's not like he says, "Oh, I think this one might be a girl." Nope. He tells me, "This one IS a girl." Weird.
Then I have a girl friend who lives 200+ miles away who will call me and ask if we're pg. (this is when we don't even tell we are TTC) She does it with her friends in town. I swear she is psychic about pregnancies, but she doesn't have gender radar.
I'm always in denial when I get pg until I see that line appear!