Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:01 AM   #21
BGsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Got our Foogo sippy's! Who else is going to stainless steel?

I got a Foogo sippy from my local Target and it leaks like crazy. It didn't at first, but now it does all the time. I liked it for milk, because it kept it cold longer, but even with water it leaks. I was really wanting to love this cup, but I don't. We have 2 other Thermos Funtastics straw cups and never had this problem with them.
Has anyone else had problems with leaking? Is there a trick I should know about to fix it?

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #22
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGsMom View Post
I got a Foogo sippy from my local Target and it leaks like crazy. It didn't at first, but now it does all the time. I liked it for milk, because it kept it cold longer, but even with water it leaks. I was really wanting to love this cup, but I don't. We have 2 other Thermos Funtastics straw cups and never had this problem with them.
Has anyone else had problems with leaking? Is there a trick I should know about to fix it?
I've only had ours a few days, but no leaking at all..
I have a question to you other foogo users though... does it come apart??? In the leaflet paper, it shows a diagram of it all apart.. but does it really come apart? I can't seem to get anything to budge.. I've been washing by hand hot soapy water, but the valve doesn't come out either? I can see that being a problem later on to keep clean if not..
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #23
BGsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
I've only had ours a few days, but no leaking at all..
I have a question to you other foogo users though... does it come apart??? In the leaflet paper, it shows a diagram of it all apart.. but does it really come apart? I can't seem to get anything to budge.. I've been washing by hand hot soapy water, but the valve doesn't come out either? I can see that being a problem later on to keep clean if not..
We have the sippy we 2 handles, and I can get it apart. It's like 4 pieces I think. The clear silicone (I think that's what it is) valve underneath is actually 2 pieces stuck together and then the top part (yellow & blue) is 2 pieces that separate. I can't get the clear valve out unless I separate the top pieces first, does that make sense?
We have had ours since early March and didn't have any leaking problems until April. I just wasn't sure what I could do about it, but it is frustrating to take it out somewhere and have the diaper bag wet inside from the cup. I have tried tightening it more and loosing it more (I know Avent will leak if overtightened), but I can't get it to stop leaking.