Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
Priscella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Summer Diapers?

I was wondering what the best diaper solution is for the summer? It is usually in the mid 80 in my area, with a couple weeks in the 90's.

Right now I have lots of AIO that are pul or fleece? I'm thinking the pul ones are going to be too hot. I know everybody says wool and fitteds, but wool is just to expensive for me. Are there any good fitteds that you could go coverless in for a couple hours?

Also I'm just nervous as I don't have the money to convert my whole stash to fitteds? Anybody else in my situation?

Do you think I could do the Pul AIOs, like FCB in the summer without a problem?

What does everybody else do? Thanks for any advice you all might have.

Advertisement

Doula and CBE In Training (CBI)
Priscella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
br813
Registered Users
seller

Re: Summer Diapers?

I've never done PULs in the summer, so I can't really help with that, but I just wanted to mention that wool CAN be inexpensive! Some of my favorite longies and shorties are made from recycled wool that were less than $10 each. We will be doing fitteds and wool this summer!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
MrsAmandaRJordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do flats cover less in the summer, well, I am going to if it ever decides to ACTAULY be summer here. I know that won't work for everyone. I think that you can do AIOs and PUL just fine. Go without the pants and I think it would be fine.

I am also mother to Kai (3/15/02) C-Section, Helen (10/21/07) C-Section,Liam (12/7/10) HBA2C, Declan (Due 7/26/13) HOPEFULLY VBAC
MrsAmandaRJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
blacktuesdays
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAmandaRJordan View Post
I do flats cover less in the summer, well, I am going to if it ever decides to ACTAULY be summer here. I know that won't work for everyone. I think that you can do AIOs and PUL just fine. Go without the pants and I think it would be fine.
Except with fitteds!

and we do Gm, fitteds and Geny fitteds, they dont really leak through very fast but i don't know if my boy is a super soaker or not, at night he definitely is

Last edited by blacktuesdays; 04-27-2008 at 10:16 PM.
blacktuesdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
starsandlollipops
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

you can also use fleece covers- they're around 10, maybe less on FSOT.
We are from FL (Army moved us) and it's ususally very hot and my DD would wear my fitteds w/o covers, and wool if we went out. She had some aios we used and I never noticed her having a problem w/ them. I do remember using a happy hempy w/ a microfiber towel when she was like 3mos and thinking it was really absorbant- those are easily available and not very expensive. You can buy microfiber towels at walmart or target for cheap and tri fold them.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #6
MrsAmandaRJordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandlollipops View Post
you can also use fleece covers- they're around 10, maybe less on FSOT.
We are from FL (Army moved us) and it's ususally very hot and my DD would wear my fitteds w/o covers, and wool if we went out. She had some aios we used and I never noticed her having a problem w/ them. I do remember using a happy hempy w/ a microfiber towel when she was like 3mos and thinking it was really absorbant- those are easily available and not very expensive. You can buy microfiber towels at walmart or target for cheap and tri fold them.
Fleece is good!! I forgot about that, but DD wears fleece all the time and it is awesome! Give that a go!

I am also mother to Kai (3/15/02) C-Section, Helen (10/21/07) C-Section,Liam (12/7/10) HBA2C, Declan (Due 7/26/13) HOPEFULLY VBAC
MrsAmandaRJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:11 AM   #7
ckck
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like fleece too. There was actually a thread somewhere where someone had done a study on the temps in diapers... sposies, wool, fleece and pul. pul is still cooler than a sposie. Even if you go with pul, you're still doing ok! Wool is the coolest and fleece was a close second.

An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
― Mahatma Gandhi
ckck is offline   Reply With Quote