Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
gamecaco4
Registered Users

Talking January mommies?

I could go look in the sticky post, but I thought this might be a bit easier.

What pregnancy is this for you? This is my 3rd. My first was a m/c at 7 weeks, my son was born 10.5 months later (I got back on the wagon, I guess )

Do you still (if you did at all) have nausea? I dont actually unless Im brushing my teeth, but still, thats enough of it for me!

Are you feeling baby kickin' and movin'? I have for a couple of weeks now on a fairly regular basis. There are definitely awake and sleep times for this one!

Do you know or will you find out the sex of your baby before the birth? I will on Sept. 19th. I cannot wait!

Belly rubs!
Mel

Advertisement

gamecaco4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January mommies?

Hey! I'm due Jan 25 but anticipate a late arrival

This is my 3rd pregnancy - the first ended in a mc at 5/6 weeks and I have Grace, my 16 month old DD
No nausea for me, just food aversions and lack of appetite STILL!!!

This baby has been a MAJOR kicker! I started feeling movement at 16 weeks, and at 18 weeks DH was able to feel and for the past 2 weeks I've been able to watch the movements even! Whew!!

We aren't finding out the sex We had our only ultrasound at 16 weeks and they wanted to find out so badly (the u/s techs) and they knew I didn't want to know....... much to my glee they weren't able to get a good shot between the legs to even speculate
hehehe

How's the weight gain/loss situation going?

So far I am still down 4 lbs from pre-pg. At my first appt. I was down 6, at my next appointment a month later, it was the same thing, and then I had another appointment last week and I had gained 2 lbs (which still has me at weight LOSS and not really gain so far).... This is totally weird to me because I gained 50 lb with my DD!
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:49 AM   #3
gamecaco4
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish4ever
How's the weight gain/loss situation going?
Within the first couple of months, I gained 7 pounds, but that was a ton of water weight. I was drinking almost a gallon and a half of water a day, most of it being within 2-3 hours of waking up. After getting over the need to drink that much, Ive lost 6 of those pounds.

With my son, I gained a total of 31 pounds. 11 of it in the last 6 days of the pregnancy.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
kpapple
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well my due date is January 16th. This is my third. I have a 6 year old boy and a 10 month old boy.
I will still get sick to my stomach if I have not eaten in awhile or have eaten the wrong foods. Right now my biggest complaint is being so tired all the time and HOT!
I started to feel movement at about 16 weeks. The baby has been very active ever since.

We are having a girl and we are so excited! Her name is Emily Kaye.

I don't like to talk about the weight!!! I still had weight on me from my 2nd son ( he was only 6 months old when I got pregnant)
So we will just keep it at that

Good Luck to everyone!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #5
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am expecting a Jan baby! I was due in Jan with my 1st DD too, but she came Feb 1st.

I had TONS of naussea and vomiting!! Lasted really bad until 16 weeks, then has very slowly began tapering off. I am *only* barfing about once a week now! I tried everything in the books, stranger's advice and nothing worked to get rid of it, some actually made it worse.

Anyway it is worth it! I have been feeling the baby since about 17 weeks. At about 19 weeks I started feeling him every day and at very predictable times. I the morning, after DD's naptime and before bed.

I am about 22 weeks now. We found out last Wed we are having a boy! DH is very happy. He really wanted a boy. And we are only having 2 kids so this was his last shot.

Edited to add: I am about 2 lbs over my prepreg weight now, but I lost a few (about 4 lbs) with morning sickness) So does that make me +6 or +2 lbs?

K R M

Last edited by MyKylie; 09-11-2006 at 09:03 AM.
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
prissygirls
Registered Users
seller

I am due Jan. 22 with my third. I have two girls ages 3 and 2. We are not finding out the sex so it should be nice to be surpised this time around.
This preg. is totally different than my first two. I had some nausea in the very beginning but nothing compare to what I had with the girls. This one has been a piece of cake so far. I feel great. My dh is really hoping for a boy this time. The baby is a crazy kicker and is kicking actively right now. I think they are going to be a soccer player at this rate.
I have gain a lot more with this one though, I think 10- 11lbs so far and I am 21 weeks. I hope to keep this under control.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
gamecaco4
Registered Users

Congrats, mamas!