Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dh's opinion on NIP

My DH has never cared and always been all for it. I never cover up but just lift my shirt and he has never cared or said anything. He always kissed the kids heads when they were little and nursing

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
Griffinsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh wouldn't ever say I don't think. I think he figures I should do whatever works for ME and the baby and that since he doesn't BF he wouldn't think it was his place to say or care. That being said, I'm pretty modest and I couldn't feed ds past 5 mo in public because he was impossible- just too interested in everything going on and wouldn't stay latched, so we've been going somewhere quiet for a long time.
All the guys I know of my generation who are dads, are very easy going and cool about bfing.
Griffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #13
MamaMary920
Registered Users
seller

DH talks all the time about how "good" I am at nursing (read: discreet). He thinks I should do whatever makes my life easiest, so I guess I'm lucky that he's comfortable with me nursing anywhere. That said, I'm not that uninhibited lol.
MamaMary920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #14
aboutachild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH and I both agree that discretion is best, but if you have nothing to cover up with then what are you gonna do? Let the baby starve. I wear a tank top layered under my shirt so I can BF even w/o a cover and no one knows unless they are super close anyway.
ISO: Girly ToddlerHawk, Any kind of yarn, A yarn swift, Advocacy Ts in 3T for DD or L/XL for me (BF or CD), PP
aboutachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #15
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you know my Dh's opinion but i'll share for everyone else

my Dh would rather I nurse with a cover then have (his words) everyone else see my boobs

he is more then willing to help me out if the baby tries to throw the cover off of us.....

and he used to care about where I nursed but since having #2 really doesn't care anymore (now it's just the extended nursing that bothers him....sorry of topic)

my family, would rather I cover up, but at their house I dont...I will warn my BIL's that I'm nursing b/c it embarassing them just waiting for my sisters to have babies and nurse we'll see how fast they change their tone

oh and my one Sister....supports me when/where/how and how long with nursing 100% me and another mom has taught her well
Old 04-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #16
stacey
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2girls View Post
I think you know my Dh's opinion but i'll share for everyone else

my Dh would rather I nurse with a cover then have (his words) everyone else see my boobs

he is more then willing to help me out if the baby tries to throw the cover off of us.....

and he used to care about where I nursed but since having #2 really doesn't care anymore (now it's just the extended nursing that bothers him....sorry of topic)

my family, would rather I cover up, but at their house I dont...I will warn my BIL's that I'm nursing b/c it embarassing them just waiting for my sisters to have babies and nurse we'll see how fast they change their tone

oh and my one Sister....supports me when/where/how and how long with nursing 100% me and another mom has taught her well
Mine too. How extended? What are his issues? I guess this is offtopic but, it is creating a tiny bit of discord in my house. He is very supportive and is a formula snob but, he dosen't get why we are still doing it. He keeps saying we weaned from formula (ds1 was ff and dd1 was half and half) at a year. And he asks why I don't like him drinking cow milk.

Okay, I'm done hijacking, again.
stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #17
jennylou
Registered Users

My DH is completely supportive. His brother told his wife to go to the car when their DD was young (we lost an infant, but had gone through a BFing class, so he knew why it was beneficial). So, his wife up and left him at the restaurant. LOL, DH lectured him the entire way home.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #18
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't worry about the hijacking, I'm going to have to deal with it soon, not with dh but with everyone but my parents. See I think its the Marine part of him that wants to avoid confrontation when it comes to NIP. When it comes right down to it and she is hungry and there is no cover, he doesn't care but if its avoidable he would rather me be as discreet as possible. Eventho most ppl don't even realize I'm nursing until they look at my boobs, or the wiggling monster attached
Old 04-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #19
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dh is very supportive of me nursing wherever I need to. If we are in a public place with lots of people he will offer to get me something to cover if I want, but if I say no, he's ok with it. I think we're pretty discreet.
9 out of 10 times I don't cover up because it's harder. If you don't like it, don't look! and if you're looking, you're not going to see much anyway!

ETA: we were out last night and quite a few older men commented about how sweet it was that ds could fall asleep with all the noise! they didn't even realize that he was eating, not sleeping, and I didn't correct them!

Last edited by eljube112; 04-27-2008 at 08:02 PM.
eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #20
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey View Post
I digress.

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote