Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #21
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dh's opinion on NIP

DH doesn't care. In fact, he thinks nursing in public is awesome...as he puts it, he is all for boobs, he thinks more women should show boobs in public! (he's not really an a$$, he's just joking!)

Advertisement

bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #22
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH doesn't care where I nurse. He knows I don't nurse with a cover and just figures I know what I'm doing. He sometimes moves his own body to block me from the 'public eye' but that is my preference and only if it is convenient to do so. I NIP but I think I like to be a little discreet. I think it used to make my sister a little uncomfortable because she wouldn't NIP with her dd1, and still will go out to the car with dd2 rather than nurse in a restaurant, but she seems to have lightened up about it.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #23
jennekate
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH doesn't care a bit. He thinks nursing is really important and will make DD bigger, stronger and healthier. Plus, it's not like I make a big deal out of it and draw attention. Now that DD is older, it's more difficult because she wants to pop on and off and check everything out, but that's a whole different issue

proud mom to Ellie, 9/23/06
jennekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #24
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH is perfectly fine with NIP, covered or not covered, sometimes when I'm in a really busy place and it's me going "oh, well maybe I should wait til the car.." he's like ".. why? he's hungry now". I don't nurse uncovered though, because it makes me really uncomfortable, but I have a nursing cover with boning so it doesn't cover his face and he doesn't mind.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #25
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

DH doesn't care how or where I nurse. I never cared enough to get my family's opinion on it
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #26
teleana22
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey View Post
My DH doesn't care where or when or i fi do cover up. My lo won't eat with a blanket on his head so we just try to be discrete. Don't like it? Don't look he says.

Although, I had a fight with his boss about it. He works in a restaurant and the general manager and i had a bit of a disagreement. I nurse in his place all the itme and he never notice3d but, he was telling me he would ask me to go to the bathroom and i went off. I sent him a linkt o the applebees article and told him he can say whatever he wants to but, i wouldn't suggest having the cahonies to go up to a nursing mom and tell her to go in teh bathroom. HIs restaurant isn't a big enough chain to take a blow like that whne he gets nurse outs and all that jazz. I also told him that I would like all the mouth breathers that chew with their mouths open to be offered blankets to put on thier heads so i don't throw up when they are eating. it offe3nds me i said.
He now knows that even if i decide to take of fmy shirt and bra and throw them on the floor he should just be quiet.
I digress.

Totally off the subject but this reminded me of last summer. i work at a resteraunt also, and lets just say we have a high turnover because of the owner/ managers. this one girl got fed up w/ it and was quitting. the owner
was telling her, you have to return all your uniform (hat shirt and apron) or we'll take it out of your last check. she took her uniform (hat SHIRT and apron) off and threw it at him. i was LOL. and she walked out the FRONT door. i thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack. its not a bar, its a nice family resteraunt, and it was breakfast time. anyways, i totally flashed back and loled when i read this!
teleana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #27
teleana22
Registered Users
seller

my so made the mistake ONCE of suggesting i go in the bathroom to nurse. we were christmas shopping in a horrible crowded meijer, ds was only 3 weeks old, and i was trying to walk and nurse. i don't cover up my top half while nursing, but my issue is i don't want my belly hanging out, lol. he was uncomfortable at first w/ nip but has gotten completely used to it. i think he suggested i cover w/ a blanky 2 or 3 times before he got the point. my so s nephew really doesn't like it when i nurse in front of him, but the last time he made a comment we were at a resteraunt, and he said 'ohhh, you're not going to do that here are yoU?" i told him yes, i am going to feed my child and if you open your mouth about it again im going to squirt it at you. that shut him up :O)
the funniest thing to me is when he was little he would be eating and no one would know, and they would always try to peer down in his face, OH! i thought he was sleeping! made me lol every time.

Teleana
teleana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #28
cindylouhoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH doesn't care. In fact, he thinks it's cool that I can nurse Ella in places like airport lines.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #29
cindylouhoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH doesn't care. In fact, he thinks it's cool that I can nurse Ella in places like airport lines.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 AM   #30
rmz1217
Registered Users

My Mood:

My husband never said much. All though his family was a little thrown off by the babies need to nurse at Busch Gardens and Disney World. No one would dare say anything but they were all uncomfortable around me nursing the first one.
rmz1217 is offline   Reply With Quote