Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
kateri25
Registered Users

My Mood:
What do you do?

for exercise? I currently walk 2.5 miles a day with my DD on my back with my hubby. I have found a jazzersize video to add as well. I was wondering if anyone else is in the position of their doc only wanting them to gain VERY little weight (honestly I wish I could stay this weight the entire pregnancy). I want to stay healthy but cleaning all day is not an option, but I can definately feel the calories burn when I do it, I can't kick my kid outside EVERY TIME I want to clean. Hubby works too late for a decent gym for me to go to as well. Although lately I do that cause she is often times too helpful. I need to get her brooms, and dustpans that are more her size then it won't be such a big deal. and she is already tired of getting a paper towel to clean with.

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
nannersmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do?

I dont' really need to gain much weight, but found that I honestly havent with any of mine..it is all the weight between kids that kills me I am not doing much but my kids keep me pretty active. I am going to start walking more though since the weather is getting nicer.
nannersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
sheets332
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am not really doing too much right now, but i was pretty active inbetween i just dont have alot of motivation or energy right now
sheets332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did stay the same weight with miranda, which was good because I weighed 200lbs and was given a limit as well. (well i lost 30lbs in first tri and gained it back to be at 200lbs when i gave birth, so i gained, but it wasn't anything extra. lol)

this time i have managed to make it down to 215 (I know, it's more than last pregnancy, but started at 240 last year) and now i'm pregnant, i was hoping to stick with a "diet" persay.. not a actual diet diet, but something to watch what i eat, so i don't overeat and gain 60lbs in the next 9 or so months. lol

I'm sure i'll have another limit of 10-15lbs.. if not less.. so I'm very happy my cravings so far have been healthy okay things.. Tomatos and salad. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:03 AM   #5
sarichnboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My last two pregnancies I gained 18lbs and 15lbs. So I doubt I will even put that much on this time.
sarichnboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
kateri25
Registered Users

My Mood:

I gained ALOT of weight last time around close to 40lbs. This time I want to gain as little as possible.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
localuna
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm still doing what I did before. I lost 85 lbs after my last child and have kept it off for 2 years. My goal is to only gain 30 lbs this time. I ran 3 miles a couple days ago and felt great! I run, take classes at the YMCA (step, kickboxing, swimming, body sculpting). At night I got on walks with the family sometimes.

I lost my weight with Weight Watchers and I'm continuing using that plan to gain wisely. I'm doing the Core version. Limiting processed foods. Although I have to say the first trimester has been really difficult to maintain that when all I can stomach eating is junk. I'm hoping to have a more balanced approach once this nausea stops.

I'm 9 weeks and I've gained 4 lbs. But that's pretty normal for me. I fluctuated 4 lbs even when i'm not pregnant. And considering I gained 60 lbs with both my other pregnancies, I'm doing good!
localuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
boom1128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i struggled to gain weight with my first 2. with the 3rd i gained like 23lbs i think. this time i feel fine during the day as long as i am eating so i can see myself gaining more this time. i am not too worried about it though. i am planning on a homebirth though so i want to do whatever i can to be as healthy as possible for the delivery.