Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #11
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The saga continues... Wish us luck

[QUOTE=tessa1002]I'm a pretty laidback mom, but I would even be pissed about that biting thing. You really should have been notified. My friends daughter was bitten last school year and they notified her right away so she could take the kid to the hospital to get her checked out ASAP. QUOTE]

That's true. I was hurt at school one when I was TWELVE and they called my mom right away.... You would think a 5 year old with an injury would be a bit of a priority...

Advertisement

urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #12
Carrie
Registered Users

My mom teaches public Pre-K and they often move children if it is not a good match. Being a new teacher is no excuse for not doing a good job!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #13
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

I think the teacher is the problem. I am sure you could find whose personality meshes with you little girl's better (by that I mean one who is human).
Old 09-12-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
I think the teacher is the problem. I am sure you could find whose personality meshes with you little girl's better (by that I mean one who is human).
Very true...
My dd says she likes mrs P but i dont... I wish i just knew how she was to her during hte day.. BUt today i was picking up the kids. ( i carpool) and the lil boy i pick up, is in K to, and he teacher was like. OH i wanted to tell him mom something really good, C an you tell her. and she said he tried very hard on his journal today...

I was so proud of him too. I have known him since birth, he is 7 days older than my sami. and they are best buds... I was thinking how great she says nice things, just becaseu. I get NOTHING from the teacher, unless she is telling me that because i HS my kid prek i screwed her up....( not in those words but that is how i took it.)
Old 09-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #15
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so sorry you have to deal with this..I too am not a fan of public school system in both the areas I have lived in... we recently left a school I LOVED and didnt find anything like it where we moved which ws 10 hours away and decided 3 days before school started to pack up our lives sell what didnt fit and return to the school that worked for us....I searched many months for this school...what I suggest is getting into a charter school. My son goes to one and it only has 80 kids! grades k-8! thay have multi age classrooms which allow for the kids to learn real life early on because in no other real life situation are you put with ONLY your age group. They learn to help and tolerate all ages...the class ages are K then 1-3 3-8th and one class is 1-8th just like little house on the prairie and we rate 10 out of 10 in scores also voted best school for many years in a row so those who want to dispute that the kids would somehow miss out being mixed sees the results. Also my son is known by everyone also the parents are all farmiliar to one another. Your child is not lost in the shuffle. The part I love most is you as a parent are required to participate in their schooling, helping in the classroom, beautification of the school, festivals etc. It really feels like an extended family and my son has constantly been pinpointed at public school for his issues (he has sensory integration, aspergers, adhd etc) and it is not even a mention at this school they are all about naturual foods and not allowing sugar in lunches and have many outlets for their energy not countless hours at a desk doing worksheets!....I really wish all kids had a school this great intheir reach...when we didnt we were misserable!....you should do a search for charter schools then see how many kids are enrolled and what their purpose is and if you agree with them( our school is all about multicultural learning, hands on learning, family environment, nurturing the whole child)

If you need any helo finding a school I can lend a hand (but sadly you may not find what you are looking for...I thought i had found something similar when we moved but he website said it was family gears and alternative learning and I was the ONLY parent ever on campus even for functions!!!) So a tour is essential as well to know they are what they say they are...you will know when you are at the right place, you will both feel great about it....so I say keep searching until you find what you want!!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #16
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also i forgot to add...bites can easily turn into a staff infection! that is terrible that you were not contacted..I would be livid and I would demand to know what would be done to be sure your child is protected from being bitten again. I worked at childcare centers for years and a few children through out the years (especially a bite that broke the skin) turned into a staff infection...so it can be very serious
Old 09-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #17
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Melissa, ask Rachele to put some melaleuca oil on your daughter's bite. If she has some melagel, apply that after the mela oil. Poor baby. I would not put up with that at all!

I dealt with the ps for a few weeks with Brittany and I ended up pulling her out. None of my others have even went to ps. The moral standars are the pits around here and I want to know that I know what my children are learning and when...not what some teacher that does not care or share my beliefs thinks my child should know. That goes for any beliefs with any parents. I do not like how the ps thinks they knows what is best for our individual children.

Sorry....got carried away... JMO...

Hugs for your meeting tomorrow...

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:19 AM   #18
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you. I did put malagel on it last night. ( i used to be a PC with Melaleuca LOL) and today she is just briused...

I am nervous about hte meeting. because i know how i go in will make a big difference. I dotn want to be *****y and demanding, but i want to get thing accomplished. Also i seem to cower when things like this come up, but i know i am the ONLY one loking out for my dd. Hubby is not even involved in this... and htat bugs me..

So i am quite nervous, but hopefully the principal will understand my side of the issue.. and i am glad we are neeting during class time, so the teacher wont be present.. I would feel ganged up on if she were there too... KWIM??