Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need some prayers and good thoughts

Hi ladies...
First, I want to start by saying if you're going in on the shopping cart cover contest, I am still running it, but it may take me a bit to complete them...

I had my first doctor's appointment today. She said that my internal exam showed me being 5-6 weeks (i'm 6wks 3 days). She could see the red blood while doing my pap. She wasn't sure where it was coming from. (I didn't ask about my cervix being open or anything....)
So they gave me the rhogam shot, and scheduled me for an u/s today (which, usually, they schedule it for 2 weeks or more). She didn't even make a follow up appointment (or my next ob appointment).
I'm all over the place with this. This will be the 3rd loss, and honestly, I haven't really FELT pregnant the entire time. yea, my boobs hurt, but I haven't gotten that nauseated like I did with my other pregnancies, and overall, my gut just tells me that there's no baby
I don't want to do it naturally, if there isnt' a baby. I want a D&C and I want to get it over with. I don't want to wait around for it to happen. (I have 3 HARD tests next week ) I think that if we see a baby, and there's a heartbeat, that I'll pass out, because I'm SOOO convinced that there isn't a baby at all.... (even though, my blood tests and my home pg tests beg to differ)
I would much rather it happen now instead of in 6 weeks, or 10 weeks or 25 weeks. It's still hard though
I'm not sure what I'm asking for prayers for. I guess for a healthy baby, and for my sanity. I honestly don't think that there is a baby anymore

so, if you're waiting on shopping cart covers, I am working on them, but it may be a bit before they go out. Depending on what the u/s says today!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need some prayers and good thoughts

I will pray for peaceful feelings
Old 09-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will pray for the 'best' outcome....whatever that may be...and that you can be at peace with it.

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

I will be praying for you.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Just thinking that if you have lost this baby and it is loss #3, I would insist on some bloodwork being done, genetic testing or something maybe. I had it done after my 2nd loss.

also, think about the D&C, it may cause scarring on the inside of your uterus and make it difficult for a future pregnancy to implant.

when is your U/S??
Old 09-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My u/s is at 3pm. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure that I want to be pg again if we loose this one. I am so high risk (blood pressure, pre term labor, etc) that if we loose this one, I'm just so afraid that I'll end up going through it again, and again.....
We've had genetic counseling (our first daughter was stillborn due to Turner's Syndrome) and they came up with nothing, but I definately want some sort of genetic testing this time. Which is why I think it would be much easier with a D&C. we knew we wanted 3, and I was excited to find out I was pg, even though I didn't "feel" it, because I knew that we would have our baby, and my tubes would be tied, and we'd be done. Now, I just feel like how much more can I take? It's a horrible feeling. now, if this baby is ok, then i'm gonna feel like the BIGGEST dork! LOL! but I don't think everything is fine. I can't tell if my nausea is because i'm pregnant or because i'm emotional right now. my boobs still hurt.....

I will keep you guys updated!
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaysbabygirls
My u/s is at 3pm. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure that I want to be pg again if we loose this one. I am so high risk (blood pressure, pre term labor, etc) that if we loose this one, I'm just so afraid that I'll end up going through it again, and again.....
We've had genetic counseling (our first daughter was stillborn due to Turner's Syndrome) and they came up with nothing, but I definately want some sort of genetic testing this time. Which is why I think it would be much easier with a D&C. we knew we wanted 3, and I was excited to find out I was pg, even though I didn't "feel" it, because I knew that we would have our baby, and my tubes would be tied, and we'd be done. Now, I just feel like how much more can I take? It's a horrible feeling. now, if this baby is ok, then i'm gonna feel like the BIGGEST dork! LOL! but I don't think everything is fine. I can't tell if my nausea is because i'm pregnant or because i'm emotional right now. my boobs still hurt.....

I will keep you guys updated!
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!
oh hon, I truly know how you feel. Like your life is spinning in circles and you can't control it. I have high risk pregnancies too (blood clots, neural tube defects, early delivery), so I understand what you are going through. try not to think of the bad things before they have happened. It is normal to feel scared and paranoid after your losses.

I'll be thinking of you at 3 pm!!

Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #8
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

(((HUGS))). I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope you get some answers today. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #9
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I know this probably won't make you feel any better, but you have to remember that every pregancy is different. I am on #3 and all 3 have been completely different. I had really sore boobs w/ the first, that was what made me suspecious, but no sore boobs w/ either of the others. I had mild morning sickness w/ the first, almost none w/ the 2nd and terrible MS w/ the 3rd, actually lost 10 lbs this time. So just because you don't have MS don't think something is wrong. And I had some red spotting w/ 2&3 but not w #1.

I have never been through a M/C and I can not imagine what that is like but I just wanted to give you a little hope. I hope you get good news today. Try to think positive for the baby.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #10
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!
I'm about to leave the house. I have to go to my husband's work and switch off cars so that he can leave work to come home to sit with our kids (the place has a VERY strict no children under 6 rule). So I have to go to the u/s by myself.
But I have to drive north about 15 miles, and then from there to my doc office it's like 25 miles, so by I should be there by about 2;30, and then hopefully they can get me back earlier and get it over with!

I'll update when I get home

Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes...

OH, and i bought a breastpump, and it arrived today. My friends are convinced that it's a sign.....