Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can you already feel your uterus?

Ok I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and I can already EASILY feel a hard and enlarged uterus. So easily that my husband could feel it too and was quite surprised. It seemed it was a long time before I could feel it with my other two. Do you think it's normal? We did Follistim injectibles so multiples is always a possibility... However having had two past m/c I'm worried it's a hydatiform mole!
Yes I know I am a worrywart. So tell me, can you feel your uterus? Is there a little bump there already?? Is this normal???

Advertisement

Last edited by TamberlyRN; 04-28-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: forgot to sub
TamberlyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
sheets332
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you already feel your uterus?

i cant feel mine yet, i am 7 weeks today. this is my second baby. but also just had a m/c in jan. my midwife tried to feel it last week couldnt feel it either. if you are really worried maybe you should get it checked out?
sheets332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
Lisonh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and still can't feel mine . But I do have a hard time feeling in that area since I did have surgery for an ectopic just two months ago , I do have ( I think) alot of scar tissue in that area .
Wife to John IV , SAHM to John V 10 yrs old , Louis-Philippe 4 yrs old and Naomi Rae Soleil 12/01/2008 http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=358135http://www.youdata.com/join/lisonh My ISO list http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post11707288
Lisonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
nannersmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when I lay on my stomach in bed I can feel it..maybe more bloat than anything else I dunno, but in general NO, but I have also had 5 kiddos and 2 mc's..so that may have a lot to do with no quite feeling it yet, but then again you may have twinkies in there and you will def feel it earlier than us
nannersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
kateri25
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't remember what it feels like Is that bad? I know I pee WAY more often so that puppy must be growing.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so now I'm really worried. It seriously feels like a rock in there. Granted, I am a small person so I usually pop early. And my doc has mentioned before that while examining me he could feel my ovaries from the outside. I have an u/s scheduled for next thursday. So you think I should call and ask? I don't know what they would really do... I feel fine. I don't have morning sickness but never really have with any of my kids. I'm going to the bathroom a lot and a little tired but than being able to feel my uterus already I'm perfectly normal. What if it's a tumor or cyst or something bad?? Why can't I just have a normal pregnancy for once!!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
lilobee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I can feel mine already too!!! I can even see it if I pull my leftover baby tummy up. It totally sticks out! I swear it didn't do that before. I'm seven weeks. Has anyone else been able to pull there belly fat up and then see how much they are showing? Or am I the only "round" person here Hope thats not tmi!!!
lilobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so I pulled out my handy dandy tape measure and measured myself. I used to do that with my past pregnancies too and it always matched what the doc came up with. Well, I must have measured myself almost 50 times in the last day. Morning, noon, night. And I measure 8-9cm! No wonder I think it's big. That IS big!!!! Holy cow what is going on!!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #9
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamberlyRN View Post
Ok so I pulled out my handy dandy tape measure and measured myself. I used to do that with my past pregnancies too and it always matched what the doc came up with. Well, I must have measured myself almost 50 times in the last day. Morning, noon, night. And I measure 8-9cm! No wonder I think it's big. That IS big!!!! Holy cow what is going on!!
I still have no idea what you should be measuring when. After having three babies, you'd think I'd know, but I have no clue. My doctor never tells me the measurement anyway, so I figure if there is something wrong he'll let me know.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #10
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I asked on ovusoft and a lot of people said that the measuring tape is not accurate until 20 weeks. So I'll stop stressing about numbers. But it's definitely not bloating (though that comes and goes too!). It's just odd and I know it wasn't like this before