Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Luvinmy3weeones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My kids wake up with different attitudes each day.

I have very moody children lately and I never know from day to day what they will be like. I seem to remember a time when they just woke up like happy little children ready to have fun and learn all the joys the day had to unfold. Lately it seems they wake up right from the start with a new mood for me to decode and deal with.
Yesterday ds woke up argumentive and just plain hyper (like little self control) and dd#1 woke up super sensitive and got upset over everything around her. They could not get along to play together all day and just got impatient and argued every time they interacted. DD#2 was just tired right from the beginning.
Now this morning, ds is know-it-all and bossy (schooling him today seems impossible), dd#1 is mopey and needy and just wants to lay on me, while dd#2 is very crabby and won't share anything! She is screaming and crying on the floor because I'm reading "her" book (which is NOT hers) to all the children and she doesn't think anyone should be able to see it but her!
They all went to bed good last night and seem to be getting enough sleep. We all have breakfasts when we wake, so they are nourished. And I spend time with them ALL day loving them, reading to them and working with them on character through example and projects. What gives???
These aren't teenagers mind you, they are 2,4, and 6!

Advertisement

Amanda Christian Wife to Jim (a real super hero). Mama to: Brandon (8) (super hero in training), Alicia (6) (always hungry), Emma (4) (the one we can't seem to tame) and Matthew (2) (just a cute little baby doll) And baby #5 on the way!
Luvinmy3weeones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My kids wake up with different attitudes each day.

I can't help you here, but I do know what you are going through. My DS (9) wakes up in a crappy mood every single day. He goes to bed at 8:00!! He's just horrible to his brother and is easily upset when the baby doesn't respond to him. It's nothing new, it happens every single day and pretty much puts all of us in a crappy mood.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
MamaEli
Registered Users

My Mood:

I get what you mean. Both of mine woke up majorly hyper this morning, and we were 20 minutes late because they could not concentrate on anything to get ready to go. Other days lately one of them just wakes up tired, or easily cry-able, or something. Maybe we have a full moon coming on?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, we're right there with you. Usually is just crazy hyper behavior from the boys, but usually Abby is the seriously cranky one. It's hard to not get crabby myself!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #5
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 2 and 4 year old are very moody too. Very.

Very.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Luvinmy3weeones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Interesting...

Maybe its a phase.
Amanda Christian Wife to Jim (a real super hero). Mama to: Brandon (8) (super hero in training), Alicia (6) (always hungry), Emma (4) (the one we can't seem to tame) and Matthew (2) (just a cute little baby doll) And baby #5 on the way!
Luvinmy3weeones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Uh, ds has always been that way. I get nervous every morning when he wakes up before I go in his room because I never know what I'll get when I go in there. DD is always happy.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD is definately the same way(4 yrs old). Right now she seems to complain A LOT, like all the time. I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk to Grandma's yesterday. She said yes so we started walking there and then she said "I don't want to walk to Grandma's!!!" in a nasty/complainy voice so I said "okay then let's go home if you don't want to go to Grandma's" and I turned around to go back home and she said "I changed my mind....I really do want to go to Grandma's" but even that she said in a nasty voice and then she poceeded to throw a tantrum a block away from home which I had to listen to the entire way home. I am one that does what I say and I value her opinion and when she says something to complain I change the situation. She is just complaining for the sake of complaining all day long. Sorry to use such a long example but it has been a lot lately starting right from when she gets up and then every once in a while after a tantrum it's like she flicks a switch and is happy for an hour or two and plays and speaks so nicely and then it starts over again. I don't know how I'm going to survive her teenage years!

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote