Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Tell me what the doc. can tell about pos. PG today

Ok, I think I know this already but it certainly helps to hear it from others, KWIM?

I am going in to see my OB today and have a pelvic exam so the doc will see what and will it tell him if I am PG or not?

And why the heck am I spotting I have had more but it was only when I had a BM yesterday. Drives me nuts.

I am so nervous he's going to take one look and tell me that I'm an idiot that AF is about to show Why the heck am I stressing this so much?

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
soggygranolamomma
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me what the doc. can tell about pos. PG today

I hate to state the obvious, but how about POAS? I saw you had a bum one, but maybe try another one? Are you late? I would just tell them you think you might be PG and they will probably do a pee test there.
soggygranolamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 AM   #3
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

They can tell by looking at your cervix. It changes color.
{{{hugs}}} try to relax.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #4
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

I've been peeing on every stick around here But my tests have never come back positive until VERY late past AF so it's driving me nuts. Plus, if I am and I am bleeding I need to now why. I have put our "love life" on hold until I see the doc today so Brian is just dying LOL.

Anyway, I thought that about the cervix color but just want others to chime in with my thoughts and calm my feelings out. I am nervous and want to get it over with. Let me know if I am or not! If not, bring on AF and get it over with!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:20 AM   #5
soggygranolamomma
Banned
seller

My Mood:

They could do a quantitive blood test for you too. It's hard not to show up + of that if you aren't pregnant.

I think your uterus would be soft too. I'm trying to remember when I went in for mine.

I also had bleeding in the beginning. It was related to a subchorionic hematoma. It resolved on it's own by my 20 week u/s but I was on a sex hiatus for a bit.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:23 AM   #6
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggygranolamomma

I also had bleeding in the beginning. It was related to a subchorionic hematoma. It resolved on it's own by my 20 week u/s but I was on a sex hiatus for a bit.

Wow! Never heard of that before, what is it and why does it happen?

If I told DH we are on sex hiatus he'd go nuts Poor guy is sexually hungry all the time
Old 09-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
soggygranolamomma
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I found this for you. My Dr told me my m/c rate increased to about 4% (we had already seen the HB on the u/s) Everything was fine, she is now coming up on 11 months old.

Quote:
A "subchorionic hematoma" is merely a sequestration of some blood within the layers of the forming placenta. It usually dissipates and disappears on its own. Sometimes you can have some vaginal bleeding (slight) and sometimes it does not cause bleeding. It usually does not interfere with the pregnancy and does not cause a miscarriage. There is a 15-20% risk of miscarriage in every pregnancy.

You do not have to rest or stay in bed. Studies have shown that bedrest does nothing to prevent miscarriage. If you start to bleed, I would refrain from heavy lifting or sexual intercourse until the bleeding stops, but you do not have to curtail any other activities. You should get a follow up ultrasound at 20 weeks unless you start to bleed heavy prior to that time. The hematoma will resolve itself by dissolving. The blood is not required to come out of the vagina. A subchorionic hematoma does not cause miscarriage.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Huh! That is interesting and doesn't sound all that bad. Thank you for sharing
Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 AM   #9
Willys Woolies
Registered Users

I always thought they could tell during an exam, but it probably depends on a lot of things! I had an internal exam when I was probably around 8 weeks along and I had no clue I was preggo cuz I had my period (light) and the doctor didn't pick up on it even after I told her I was concerned that my periods had become light (I wasn't thinking pregnancy, but perhaps menopause lol)....she assured me I was not even close to menopause and that sometimes periods can become lighter after you've been on the pill for a long time and sent me on my way only to freak out at 17 weeks when I felt a baby moving inside me! LOL! Man....what memories!

If you tell him/her you think you might be, I'm sure they can give you a test or do an internal, vaginal US to confirm. AND, if you suspect you might be preggo even though you are geting negative at home tests, I'd definately ask for one!!!

Never found out what my bleeding which I thought was my period was from....it happened around the time that I should have had my period for 4 or 5 months (until after I found out I was preggo at 17 weeks). She said it could have been irritation to the cervix from sex.....who knows at this point?! Anyhow, all turned out well for me...hoping all does for you too!

Last edited by Willys Woolies; 09-13-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Willys Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:45 AM   #10
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

17 weeks PG! Wow! What a shock LOL

I have been doing at home tests but it's still a bit early for me. I have never tested pos. until I was way late for AF, It's just me.

They do have an U/S machine in the office so that would be really nice if they did that, although I HATE doing the vaginal one It would be worth it to know.