Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
13(almost 14) month old self weaning~Kind of long~

I posted a month or so ago about wanting to wean DS soon. I am getting married in a month and will be gone for a week on my honeymoon. DS was still waking up every couple of hours during the night and nursing. A lot has changed!

DS hasn't nursed since saturday night! I'm excited that he has kind of weaned himself and I didn't "take it away". The only time he nurses during the day is before his nap. On sunday he only took one nap(usually he takes two) and he fell asleep in the car on the way home from church so he didn't nurse. That night he only woke up once and he didn't ask for the "boo boo" so I just rocked him back to sleep. Monday he only had one nap as well and he didn't ask for it and just went to sleep as I was holding him. He only got up once that night too and just wanted to be rocked. Yesterday he had his two naps, but never once asked for the "boo boo" and he slept all night long! I couldn't believe it, he slept all night. He still hasn't asked for it all day.

Is this self weaning or did I do it? I'm just excited that it hasn't been a huge ordeal like I was thinkg it was going to be.

Advertisement

mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 13(almost 14) month old self weaning~Kind of long~

Id say its a bit of both perhaps. This is what happened to us tho dd cant ask for it (she generally just launches at the girls or tugs my shirt). I didnt offer and she didnt "ask" and shes not going back to it anytime soon (Ive tried to offer it to her). Its been about a week and a half for us.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's just the same. He didn't ask and but I didn't offer. This is how he asks: he can say boo boo, but most of the time he will pull up or down on my shirt when he wants it.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd say hes self weaning. At 14 months he can communicate a bit and if he wanted to nurse, by now, he can get his point across to you. DS also self weaned at 14 months!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
shaundap
Registered Users

I've had two wean this way, I'd say its a mutual decision ;-) You didn't offer, he didn't ask. Congrats on your wedding!
shaundap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
nathansmama
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like mama led weaning to me. I generally don't consider it self-weaning at that early age. Generally babies have nursing strikes and mama's mistake those for self-weaning. For example, my friend swears her 8 month old self-weaned. It was just a strike that she didn't do anything about. Self-weaning generally happens over the age of 2.

Just my thoughts though. Whatever the language, glad you got the outcome you wanted.