Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Diaper Area: Pimple & Pox looking rash

UPDATE: This is a very old thread that somehow got revived. I don't get to see Caro any more (major blow up back at Easter) but I did see her yesterday & she still has the spotty rash, but there's nothing I can do. She'll have a check up in September & hopefully the doc will say something to my sister.

Thanks mamas!

WOW! I picked Caro up tonight (long story urg...) & when I changed her from her sposie to a fitted, she has an AWFUL rash. It's no longer the open burn looking rash she's had for months, now it looks like chicken pox. There are red "bumps", some look like pimples (with a head), some looked like popped chicken pox with scabby-scaly skin, and her whole diaper area (front, back, inside of legs, and on the lips) is covered in it & just looks pink.

I asked my sister about it & she said she had no idea what it was & wants to take her to the doc...but she can't get off of work. UGH. That means I am going to have to take off (I'm a proxy)...if you all think she needs to see a doc.

Basically if you mamas think you'd take your kid in, I'll call her & tell her to schedule something & then I'll take her in...but if diaper rash creme should take care of it, I'd rather not take off of work, ya know?

So vote & let me know.

Also just to add to the injury...I noticed Caro had a "bite" on her upper ear. It looked like a cat bite (my sis has 2)--there were 4 'teeth' marks & a black & blue bruise. I asked my sis about that too & you know what?! She did it! Apparantly that's how she "plays" with Caro! She was laughing & thought it was really funny. URG. Also the "babysitter" let Caro bust her eyelid open on her "walker" supposedly. I think one of her 2 huskies probably knocked Caro over, but whatever. She has a nice shiner & a gash on her upper eyelid.

Pray for my baby niece please!

Crud, I forgot to make the poll--can I do it now?

If not, let me know if I should take her to the doc for the rash?

Advertisement

Last edited by TeachinAuntie; 07-19-2008 at 12:01 AM.
TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
TabbySanchez07
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper Area: Pimple & Pox looking rash

From the way you describe it, I would take her in. My son had a weird scrape on the back of his ear. I had no idea what it was or what it was from. It looked infected. I knew I would most likely be told to put tripple antibiotic on it and sure enough thats all they told me. Better safe then sorry IMO. I hope it gets better whatever it is. Sounds like she has had a rough week!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

my DD had a rash like this right we thought it was acid in her diaper, but turned out she was allergic to sposies.... ( like months before totally PT'ed was a long drawn out thing ) but it's an infection. will spread, and is painful to the child.. but looked just like you are describing.. would def take to the DR..

(also.. just speculating on it since no pictures seen and i am not a DR...lol )

but it sounds like it COULD be that and i would take her in cause OTC creams wont help may actually aggravate ( if it is what DD had ) good luck and give her a hug
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
kmbrlywoods
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son had a rash that sounds exactly like what you describe. It was a yeast infection. I used magic butt cream and it took it away. You could take lo in and have it checked out. They will probably do magic butt cream or nystatin. I hope that helps. Kim
Old 04-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
babyholic
Registered Users

Does it look anything like this? http://askdrsears.com/html/8/T081401.asp

Has she been on anitbiotics?

If so, it's more than likely yeast, which will need nystatin cream and acidofilus to treat. Here is some info about how to treat different rashes: http://askdrsears.com/html/8/T081400.asp
Old 04-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama, I can't get your pic link to work..this link http://askdrsears.com/html/8/t081401.asp is TOO pink & not pimply enough to be what she has.

Let me go look for a pic online.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
aboutachild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like a yeast rash to me. My DD has one now . Dr said Nystatin ot Lotramin. Both are antifungal, Nystatin is Rx and Lotramin is OTC. Also, make sure to do a vinegar rinse that will help kill the fungus. Sun dry if at all possible, this will kill the fungus better than anything.

HTH. Good luck.
ISO: Girly ToddlerHawk, Any kind of yarn, A yarn swift, Advocacy Ts in 3T for DD or L/XL for me (BF or CD), PP
aboutachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
kimsclothkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds to me like an allergy to sposies. My son has the same thing... thus the reason we wear cloth!!
WOHM to NoahJacoband MeganLoving wife to my #1 man, Aaron I have a one of a kind family and a one of a kind life and I'm loving every minute of it!
kimsclothkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
littlemisses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

could it be this
Overview
Impetigo, a common skin infection in both infants and children, is caused by bacteria (Staphylococcus or Streptococcus) entering a cut or break in the skin. Although impetigo is usually a minor infection that can be easily treated, it could progress to more severe symptoms including deep skin infections (cellulitis), kidney inflammation, or meningitis. Impetigo can be further classified into 2 types: bullous and nonbullous.

Nonbullous impetigo accounts for 70% of all cases and appears as tiny fluid-filled blisters that develop into honey–colored, crusty lesions. Generally they do not cause any pain or redness to the surrounding skin.
Bullous impetigo is more common in infants and appears as larger, clear blisters filled with fluid. When these blisters rupture, they may leave a scale behind

My daughters both would get this alot. Here is a picture if you are wondering.
http://www.visualdxhealth.com/infant/impetigo.htm
Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it sounds like impetigo...i'd definitely take her in! good luck...poor baby