Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Non-Vacs and KY

Can anyone help me? I have some questions to ask. I would like to claim religious reasons but it says on the form that I need to have a doctor sign it...is this correct? Where do I find a doctor to sign it? Can anyone help me on this? Our daughter may be starting Montessori school in a few month and I need to have this ready to go.

Obviously I need someone in KY that can help me since this is different in each state.

TIA

Advertisement

"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non-Vacs and KY

Is there anyone that can help me?
"Freedom is not Free"
Old 05-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our Doc said that he would sign it. He's a cool pedi. Have you asked yours?

ETA: What part of KY are you in? We live near Owensboro (for now )
wanting3more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We dont have a pedi. Every time I go to the doctor for some reason I get a LONG lecture on how I am this terrible parent because I am putting my child in harms way...blah blah...and then I never go back because of the ignorance of the doctor. So, no we do not have a pedi.

I live next to UK.
"Freedom is not Free"
Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugaboo View Post
We dont have a pedi. Every time I go to the doctor for some reason I get a LONG lecture on how I am this terrible parent because I am putting my child in harms way...blah blah...and then I never go back because of the ignorance of the doctor. So, no we do not have a pedi.

I live next to UK.
So you have gone to different Pediatricians? Or just gone to the same one each time and got lectured by the same one everytime? I think I may have gotten lucky in finding such an easy-going one on the first try.
wanting3more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been to three different ones (just in KY). I was in FL for three month and that was a HUGE fiasco....me and my husband were first bullied into giving our newborn the VitK shot and then after I told the woman she would have sever jaundices (she told me that was silly) she did a day after she got the stupid thing...she then reported us to child services because I was not wanting to feed my child soy formula (my other daughter was allergic to the stuff) I only wanted to BF her...she reported me because I was endangering my child (there is more meat to this I just don't have the patience to type it...still very angry about this).

I have not had very good luck with pedis at all.
"Freedom is not Free"
Old 05-24-2008, 02:32 AM   #7
goodheartedmommy
Registered Users

Go to Dr. Riebel at Georgetown Peds. Honestly, I don't think she's a great doctor, but she's respectful of different opinions involving healthcare and parenting. If you go in and say "this is how I feel, I'm well-educated on the topic, and I don't want a lecture", she will leave you alone.
goodheartedmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks
"Freedom is not Free"
Old 06-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #9
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey mama, I knew you were in KY but not so close. I can try to find some names of peds good about vacs if you still need one. We go to UK cuz Dh is a resident but have a great relationship with our ped and his resident. What montesorri is your little one going to? We looked into a few for thomas as well as the co-op but ended up signing up for St. Michaels as he really needs structure due to his aspergers.
Anyways sorry to ramble, gosh you have to let me know if you want to meet up for a playdate sometime.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeedieWeedieB View Post
Hey mama, I knew you were in KY but not so close. I can try to find some names of peds good about vacs if you still need one. We go to UK cuz Dh is a resident but have a great relationship with our ped and his resident. What montesorri is your little one going to? We looked into a few for thomas as well as the co-op but ended up signing up for St. Michaels as he really needs structure due to his aspergers.
Anyways sorry to ramble, gosh you have to let me know if you want to meet up for a playdate sometime.
I am the one you meet at BRU that one year
"Freedom is not Free"