Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
parents of 2, please tell me its not always this insane

I've been very spoiled because my mom has been living with us since dd2 was born 7 weeks ago, but she left yesterday.

So today, my first day really doing this on my own, was a TOTAL disaster . My postpartum appointment was scheduled for today, so I hired a babysitter for the first time every for dd1 who is 22 months (she's been watched by friends, but I've never actually "hired" a babysitter). I really didn't want to take her because the appt is 45 minutes away and she gets carsick on long rides. So this morning she said she'd be here at 9:15 so I could leave at 9:30 for my appt, but at 9:20 I hadn't heard from her yet so called her and got no answer, and kept calling. By 9:40 I realized I'd just have take dd1 with me so ran around frantically trying to get out the door. The babysitter finally called back about 15 minutes later telling me that her alarm didn't go off! Well by this time it was too late to do anything about it. As expected, dd1 threw up in the car so when I got to the appt I had to spend 10 minutes cleaning up puke while dd2 screamed her head off. And my reward for all this trouble? A pap smear . Then just for the icing on the cake, dh calls and tells me he got a speeding ticket!!!

I'm so stressed and feel like if this is what its like to have two kids I'm not gonna make it . Tell me it gets easier?

Advertisement

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
nannersmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: parents of 2, please tell me its not always this insane

It does gt easier i promise..either that or i have gone insane and it all seems easier
nannersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my PP appt was very sim ilar...except i got the speeding ticket and both kiddos who had been screaming their heads off were silent when the cop pulled me over and started screaming again as soon as he left
my 2 are about the same age as yours and seriously the only thing that helps is to get out of the house every day even if its just for a loooooooong walk
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not there yet Mama, but I worry about it! I just wanted to give you a and let you know that my sisters say it gets better!
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Mrs.Haggie810
Registered Users

My Mood:

IT GETS EASIER! I definitely have days like that sometimes, but for the most part it is not much more hectic or difficult than having one. Hang in there! =)
Kelley Wife to Jason homeschooling/WAHM to Coby 7 Caitlyn 5 Jaxon 3 , LilyAnn 2 , my UA HB, water baby, & expecting #5 in Nov/Dec
Blog: With Eager Hands Blog I edit: Redeeming Childbirth Shop: Sassafras
Mrs.Haggie810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
jensenlife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

awww yes, i am learning there are definitrly those days, but there are also days of great success and you feel so proud for just getting everyone up, diapered, dressed and fed by noon!...easy, no, worth it...yes! just keep going forward, even if you have to take it one hour or minute at a time wish we lived closer, my dds are 18 mths apart and we are doing some major readjusting now too things will get better
Old 05-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #7
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes it gets better. You just need time to adjust to having two instead of one. Think about it if you had known you had to take both you would have been more prepared and it wouldve gone alot smoother. As for dh getting a ticket well in this house dh is one of my monkeys meaning he is a kiddo too So yep I understand that fustration. I have 5 kiddos and another on the way (dh is a big kiddo with a car and credit cards and bigger more expensive toys)

Rest relax tomorrow will be better. You will find ways and things that make life easier
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

that's the kind of day ou call and cancel your appt and take the kids home so you don't have to deal with it.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
mama2logan&evan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It does get easier
Those are the days I call dh and tell him he better not be thinking about workng late and start thinking about leaving early...oh and bring home dinner
Old 05-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2logan&evan View Post
It does get easier
Those are the days I call dh and tell him he better not be thinking about workng late and start thinking about leaving early...oh and bring home dinner
i need to do that...i kind of did today bc he goes in at 4:30 and got home at 8:30 last night-just in time to wake the kids up they were almost out i called him and asked where he was tonight at 5:30 and he's still at work (1hour+ away w/traffic ) i told him to leave then and pick up dinner so he better be home soon
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote