Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
ST13031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS is having surgery tommorrow.... I'm so scared....

Hey there mamas, I can't stop thinking about this and am so nervous.... My 2 year old DS has his scheduled surgery tommorrow for an undecended testicle. Has anyone else had a DS that had to have this surgical procedure done? It is supposed to be outpatient, as long as they don't have to do abdominal surgery. But the urolegist didn't know for sure if he would or would not have to until he started the operation. We've waited almost a year for this appt.... We have an 11 month old too that we are taking with us, and they said that no other children are allowed back there - so my DH is insisting that he stay back there with our 2 year old. Which is great my DH is so concerned and loving to our son, but the thought of me not being there with my baby freaks me out even more! We have to leave at 4:30am. I am so scared and nervous, I just am sick to my stomach over it...

I know there are so many other mamas out there who have been through so much more than something like this and I almost feel silly posting this, but I am hoping to maybe hear from some other mama's who have been through this and can give me some insight, etc and maybe help calm my nerves a bit?

Advertisement

Last edited by ST13031; 05-01-2008 at 07:30 PM.
ST13031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: DS is having surgery tommorrow.... I'm so scared....

I haven't been through this personally but i want to tell you don't feel silly, this is your child and when it comes to doing anything to them it is scary. I will say a prayer for him that everything goes quickly and smooth.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
daisiesandmore
Registered Users
seller

I have no experience with this...but I will pray for peace for you. Hugs to you Sabrina!
daisiesandmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
ST13031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you mamas for your kind words and prayers :-) They are all much appreciated and needed. There are such sweet mamas here... :-)
Old 05-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both DS's had surgeries when they were young. DS1 was almost 5 and it was very scary. Routine surgery for them, not so much for me. It was hard to watch them wheel him away but I was a smoker then so I ran outside and smoked a whole bunch of cigarettes. DS 2 was not quite 2 when he had his surgery and it just as scary. They gave him a pudendal (sp?) block that was supposed to numb him from the waist down for about 6 hours but it didn't. He yanked out his own IV about 30 minutes after surgery so they sent us home. He was running around the house as soon as we got there. It is scary but just remember to breathe. Lots of mama's here will be saying a prayer and sending you good thoughts!
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama! no experience since i have 2 girls. but he'll be in my prayers.
nak
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
mia&seansmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

i hope everything went well for you today
Old 05-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

to you momma! Do not EVER feel silly for loving your baby, of course you will feel scared and all. My ODS had surgery at 4 weeks on his intestines and those 2 hours were the worst of my life waiting to hear how he was doing so I understand what you are going through. Keep us updated!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote