Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
amdana1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help - my picky nurser

My dd is 9 months old and has been ebf sense birth. She will take a bottle of pumped milk (thank goodness) but most of the time I am with her so she doesn't get one very often. Anyway, for only knowing breastfeeding she is so picky. She still gets up three times a night to nurse and eats every three hours during the day but she won't allow me to nurse laying down so all night long I have to sit up awake with her to feed her. Also she only wants to nurse on a boppy pillow (I have started making her nurse without it despite her protesting) and she gives me a hard time nursing when we are out because of the lack of pillow. Her newest thing is about a month ago she decided she doesn't want my left breast (the slower one) and screams and arches her back everytime I put her up to it. The only time I can get her to take it is if I start her on the right side and then switch her after my milk lets down and that is only once in a while. I can also get her to take it in the middle of the night when she is drowsy. So on top of nursing I have to pump my left side to keep my supply up. I am so frustrated. I have no intension of weaning but it would be so nice if she would be a little easier on me. I feel like I still have a newborn with how much I wake up at night and the pumping and nursing takes up so much of my time. I feel bad for the two year old because I am always doing something milk related. Any suggestion? Anyone else have a picky baby like this?

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help - my picky nurser

how old is she? I would say no nursey unless I lay down and if you don't want it without a boppy maybe you don't get milk for 10 min, try again?

She might also have other sensory issues you might want to look into depending on how old she is.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh duh, 9 months. How are her other milestones? How is she doing with solids or at least attempting.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
amdana1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She is doing great with her other milestones, crawling, eating table food (she skipped baby food) seems right on with everything else. I think she is just picky. I have gone two days without the bobby and she is protesting less and less. Now I am going to focus on the laying down thing. It's hard because she shares a room with us and her crying keeps the hubby up too