Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

For the mamas that use prefolds only

How many do you use in a day? We have been using prefolds mostly but it seems like dd goes through about 15-16 a day. She is a heavy wetter so maybe that is why. Do I need to start using doublers or something I like to change as soon as she pees or poos though so any suggestions.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Re: For the mamas that use prefolds only

DD is not 5.5 months-- I'd say she goes through 10-15 a day. But using the fleece topped doublers that are on clearance at Cotton Babies..... that's helped.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go through 6-7 in a day but dd is 22 mo and doesn't need changing as often as she once did.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
kellypillar
Registered Users

I think as babies get older they pee less frequently, but they pee more volume at each wet. My 7mo goes through probably 15 prefolds a day, my 2yo probably 10, and my 2.5yo maybe 6. I don't think you need doublers unless she's saturating the PF at each wetting, or unless you don't want to change her everytime she wets. I use doublers for sleeping and car rides, because at those times I can't change them as soon as they're wet, so the diaper needs to be capable of holding more than one pee. At those times I also use a microfleece liner to keep the wetness off of their skin.
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

Ok thanks mamas I was just wondering if I was the only one going through this many a day I guess I will need like 3 dozen if I want to go two days without washing. My dd is 15 months I just decided to go back to prefolds because she takes everything else off. I guess she likes the freedom of the prefolds is why she leaves them on. The funny thing is that I can get a prefold on without a fight but if I try to put a fuzzi bunz etc on she fights but a prefold she will just lay their and let me put it on.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

I had gone to all pockets, sold my prefolds and recently switched back-- just ends up that they're the best fit for both my kids (granted they're not using the same size).

My son takes his other diapers off (daddy pocket diapers) but can spend the day in a snappied prefold (sometimes without a cover) and not mess with it.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
MommaRalph
Registered Users
seller

I'm a new CD'er with an 8 month old DD and if I change her every time she wets I easily go through 15 or so in a day (at least). I think I should change her every time she's wet and not try to get a diaper to absorb more so that moisture is close to her. Of course, car rides and sleeping are the exception and we often use our FB then.

Valerie
MommaRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRalph
I'm a new CD'er with an 8 month old DD and if I change her every time she wets I easily go through 15 or so in a day (at least). I think I should change her every time she's wet and not try to get a diaper to absorb more so that moisture is close to her. Of course, car rides and sleeping are the exception and we often use our FB then.

Valerie
Yeah I have been cloth diapering since dd was born and she is now 15 months I do change her everytime she wets and was wondering if other mamas go through that many a day. I didn't mean to come off as if I don't change my dd everytime she wets with except like you said car rides and sleeping. I was also wondering if other mamas use like a doubler with a microfleece liner because dd is a heavy wetter.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #9
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i feel really lucky now because (changing when wet typically) I think with our 9 m. we only use aprox 8-9 prefolds a day. Of course 3 or them are in the first 1.5 he is awake in the morning.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Abby goes through like 8 and then a FB at night...But she sleeps 12 hours at night and then two two hour naps during the day. So that's like 8 hours she's awake. LOL