Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Need Help DD is urinating on her floor in her room!

Ok I need some help I don't know what to do. My dd has been urinating on the floor in her room. It is carpeted by the way. She usually does it at nap time or at night so I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't realize she was doing it. Well this afternoon she proved that is not the case. I was upstairs cleaning my room and DD#2 was in her room taking a nap. DD#1 came upstairs and went in her room and urinated on her floor. She came out and told me, "there is potty on my floor but I didn't do it" Well I went in there and it was still warm so she did do it. She had a smirk on her face. I confronted her and told her I knew she did it and she admitted she did it but told me she didn't know why she did it. She is 3 yrs 10months and has been potty trained for quite some time. She only does this in her room no where else in the house.

I don't know why she is doing this is she trying to get attention or what. Her room smells like urine and there are yellow stains that I can't get out of the carpet. I currently have the spots soaking with Natures Miracle on them. Help me figure out what I need to do to get her to stop! She has basically ruined her carpet and the smell is disgusting.

Advertisement

Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Angel3167
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Need Help DD is urinating on her floor in her room!

I don't have any great advice for you. Maybe put a potty chair in her room?
Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Spitcairn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IDK, maybe you should make her help with the clean-up!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitcairn View Post
Thanks for the idea, but I have made her help me clean up multiple times already including todays incident. She lost all of her "night-nights" tonight. She was not happy when she went to bed and realized I was serious that she didn't get any of them. They are her comfort things. DH talked with her about what she did today a little as well. Then she did several other not so good things this evening that landed her in time out. Hopefully she realizes we are serious and not going to put up with this behavior!
Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama. I think I would call your pediatrician. Maybe he or she has seen this before and can give you some concrete advise.

I have a friend who has a 7 year old son who has done this. He does it when he is really mad or jealous of his younger brother.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
Spitcairn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitcairn

Thanks for the idea, but I have made her help me clean up multiple times already including todays incident. She lost all of her "night-nights" tonight. She was not happy when she went to bed and realized I was serious that she didn't get any of them. They are her comfort things. DH talked with her about what she did today a little as well. Then she did several other not so good things this evening that landed her in time out. Hopefully she realizes we are serious and not going to put up with this behavior!
Sorry I couldn't offer any better help! Hopefully after you taking away her "night-nights" tonight she will understand you mean business. I really think it's probably a control issue to her that you just can't let her win. Hang in there mama!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #7
MamaEli
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS did this a few times in the closet corners, and blamed it on the cat. He had just turned 4. I think for him, it was laziness. He also didn't get that it didn't just disappear. I used tons of baking soda and vinegar in his closet, and kept the windows open all day for at least a week.

DH and I each had a big talk with him, not only on the gross stinkiness part, but on the lying part. That is what we emphasised most. The fact that he repeatedly lied to us, and how we couldn't trust him with lots of things now. So when he asked to do something, we second guessed him, explaining that we never knew when he was telling the truth. That's what really hit home for him. It hasn't been a problem since then. And, he seldom lies!