Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
dds07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
sudden extreme fussiness??

The past 4-5 days, DD has been extremely clingy and fussy. She totally refuses to be put down to play (she normally plays well) and has been waking up in the middle of the night wide awake for several hours. She normally wakes up every 2 hours to eat and then goes right back to sleep, but recently she has been waking up more frequently than that and crying, which she doesn't normally do. She falls asleep and even when I'm holding her, she will all of a sudden start crying. She has been fussy during nursing, and has been eating only 4 oz during the day with the babysitter. Today, the babysitter called and said she was crying all the time and we went and picked her up. I thought it was an ear infection, because this is what she has been like when she has had them in the past, but we took her to the Dr. today and they couldn't find anything-not teething that she could tell, no ear infection, no fever, etc. The only thing other strange thing is that she has only had 2 poopy diapers in the last 5 days. It just started all of a sudden--any ideas?? suggestions?? what is going on?? I've only gotten 2 hours of sleep in the past 4 days

Advertisement

Meggan, wife to Loren, mommy to Kate born 9.7.07, #2 Due in Feb 2012
dds07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
mamoo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sudden extreme fussiness??

Teething??
Old 05-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
dds07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I should say that Tylenol helped a little, but I hate to give meds without a real "reason" to do it...
Meggan, wife to Loren, mommy to Kate born 9.7.07, #2 Due in Feb 2012
dds07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
bellsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, our doctor told us this is the time of year when colds and flu-like symptoms are the worst. We have been battling an awful virus, that starts like a cold with a runny nose and ends up with a croup like cough.

It could still end us as an ear infection. With both my kids their symptoms were like those that you describe. We go to a doctor who doesn't see anything wrong with their ears only to end back at the doctor within a week with ear infections.

My baby has been to the doctor 3 times in the last month and has been very fussy. It is so hard to deal with very little sleep, but hang in there. All you can do is monitor her and if your gut tells you that something is wrong, keep taking her in to the doctor.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Spitcairn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe it's something new that she/you have eaten?