Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
gsun3
Registered Users

Cool How is your DH/DP/bf with CD?

So I am staring new to cd, so that also means DH is starting new -YIKES!!!! of course I can handle the blow out or the wrong combos

but DH hmmm my dh is soo for it, but so afraid of it

so how did your dh/dp/bf do with CD in the begininng ?

&

how did you get them into it ? (teaching them what to use)

Advertisement

gsun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #2
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How is your DH/DP/bf with CD?

give him prestuffed pockets or AIOs.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh wouldn't do it in the beginning. I think after watching me for a few months he got comfortable and now will change but only wet ones. You could try practice on a doll or teddy, get more dh friendly products, ie aplix, aio's
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dh was not interested in the beginning because he did not want to use pins. Then i showed him a snappi and it took a while but in no time he was changing more diapers than me (showoff ) Now is he a pro he has even taken cds to work to show his friends (very proud moment) I have to say aios are a great way to get someone into cding because they are so easy. Sorry now i am rambling HTH!!
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
ahava'smama
Registered Users

jason will snappi a prefold if i give it to him, He is thankful not to have to buy so many disposable diapers anymore (we do still sposie at night for both girls). Today a package of diapers came and he actually opened it and said "wow those ones look great and really daddy friendly " I LOVE THAT MAN!!!!!! While doing homework, he will stop to change one of the girls for me.... which sounds like a pleasant thing to do, but he is so concentrated it is hard to interupt him! AHH daddies are such wonderful blessings! (I am tired and miss him currently ..he is a thrid shifter.. sorry for going off)
Old 09-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #6
gsun3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuties02q
My dh was not interested in the beginning because he did not want to use pins. Then i showed him a snappi and it took a while but in no time he was changing more diapers than me (showoff ) Now is he a pro he has even taken cds to work to show his friends (very proud moment) I have to say aios are a great way to get someone into cding because they are so easy. Sorry now i am rambling HTH!!

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT ..that is soo GREAT your dh is into it !!!!! I think my dh will be too - I just think it may take him a little bit-to get it down -(like me) - but how cool for him to bring it to work
gsun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

Before we used cloth, I *had* to make sure my husband would do it because he's a SAHD. Surprisingly, he was easily sold on it because of the cost savings. And now he likes it because it's softer than disposables. He can do snappied prefolds but he likes the pockets the best.

He's not into all the obsessive research like I am, so I made sure I got a fairly simple system and set everything up so it would be as easy as possible. He's commented a few times on how I had obviously done my homework and he appreciated that it seemed like I had thought of everything.

He also does all of the diaper laundry.
kgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
mama23boys
Banned
seller

LOL ds is 8months and dh has yet to change him...all i hear all the time is why dont we use the REAL diapers ummmm we are using REAL diapers!!!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

DH was not into it at first. I did all the dipes, but had fun with it so I didn't mind. He came around after a while. Now he knows how to do it all and is proud of it. Once in a while he'll put a cover on inside out or think a fitted is a aio... I don't tell him, cause I don't want to shake his confidence .
Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH did not have a choice with DD. She was allergic to 'sposies and all we could afford was prefolds and wraps. He did fine. He still does fine though I tend to keep easy diapers handy for him to grab.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote