Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:55 AM   #11
J3nn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How is your DH/DP/bf with CD?

My DH fully embraced it with me. He likes it and likes picking out colors for Alex

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We started out with prefolds and it took time for both of us to get the snappi down right We've tried them all, pockets, fitteds, AIOs, AI2s and we actually went back to mostly prefolds and we are both liking it better. They are much easier to clean too.
I think if he really wants to do it he will get the hang of it pretty quickly. good luck!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:20 AM   #13
HappyCDMamainWI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine is all for it but doesnt change diapers. He did when she was tiny and waking up during the night. He'd take her first feeding at around 1am and change her then but now it's all me. If I wasnt home and she needed to be changed he would no problem but I can tell just by looking if she's wet and I just do it.

It took me till 9-10 months to convince him. Part of that time we had a crappy washing machine, then he was doubting that I'd keep up with washing them. Every time I threw away a sposie I'd announce that I was throwing a quarter away just cuz she peed once. I used my burpcloth stash and bought some sesame street prefolds and vinyl pants and pins to 'prove myself' Then I got some proraps of ebay and made my own fitteds out of flannel with a trifolded cheapy sewn in the middle as a soaker. Then bought some pockets from a friend on BTB..and got hooked on those.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:40 AM   #14
ralenth
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002
give him prestuffed pockets or AIOs.
I am also new to cd'ing. But this is what I started with - I had a couple pockets that I'd prestuff. Now he'll do fitteds with a cover (if I am here, I double check to make sure there is a cover on her, though). He won't touch a prefold, though. It took some time, but he's got the hang of it, I think
ralenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:43 AM   #15
soggygranolamomma
Banned
seller

My Mood:

He is fine with CDing as long as *I* am doing the changing and washing.

I can count on one hand (3 times in fact) how many times he has changed her.

I have to go away for a couple days in November and keep trying to remind him of that fact.
soggygranolamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:01 AM   #16
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

We are only 2 weeks and 4 days into it but so far so good. Dh used up all the sposies the hospital sent home in an effort to avoid using cloth. He also was saying that we are not saving any money because the water bill is going to be sky high and also saying that I am getting way to earthy and that one kid is not going to help the dump siutation ~ just excuses. He now realizes that I am not buying any sposies so yesterday he says "okay, where are those daddy friendly diapers you were talking about". So, today I am washing up all the dipes, picking out the daddy friendly dipes and setting them off to the side. He prefers aplix (velcro like closure), pocket or AIO style. The fitted with covers confuse him and I won't even start with the prefolds. Once she grows into her smalls we will have a bunch of daddy friendly dipes and then he WILL change more diapers. Just make it easy on him (without going the sposie route) and he will come around and get confident.

Oh, and I do all the rinsing and washing. He sits them on the sink next to the toilet so I can spray ` that works fine with me (hey, he installed the sprayer to insure I would do it)!

Last edited by GrowingUpMad; 09-14-2006 at 07:03 AM.
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:32 AM   #17
kellypillar
Registered Users

DH will change diapers most readily if I have prestuffed pockets available for him. But this is mostly because his hands are too big to stuff the pockets efficiently. He will also change fitteds with a snappi, but hasn't mastered folding and snappi-ing prefolds. He's usually willing, but not quite as eager to change as soon as DC is wet, like me, so I usually do it.
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:48 AM   #18
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well for us from pretty much day one I have kept our stash simple. We did all Fuzzi Bunz forever and now we are doing all BumGenius, so DH doesn't have to think, he just grabs a dipe and puts it on. He doesn't like prefolds and covers, he much prefers the one step process of a pocket that is ready to go. I do all the washing but he will stuff them once they are all clean. I would say he probably changes half of the diapers around here, so I keep it simple.
Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:50 AM   #19
sewingmama2005
Banned
seller

My DH was awesome from the beginning! He did all the diaper changes for dd1 and that was preemie prefolds, pins/snappi and cover, he even washed them He did the same with DD2...that man can snappi a prefold better than I can LOL
sewingmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #20
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH was sold from day 1. It wasn't a hard sell either. He doesn't like all the waste that disposables create and he also thinks they smell.... because they do. I recently bought some sposies for a plane trip and he commented right away how they stunk...
for us it was a super easy decision. We live on a military base so we don't pay for water or electricity, DH had just purchased me the WP duet so I have a huge washer which I love, I am a SAHM and my number one reason was the chemicals, the scare the heck out of me and his is waste. Then of course there is the cute factor....
DH is pretty into it. I do most of the changing since I am at home all day but he does his fair share. He notices when new diapers come in all the time and it seems like I am always changing our main stash but he always says, "OK give me the diaper tour so I know what's going on and how everything works"

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote