Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Just looking for other opinions... UPDATE! at end

I have a portion of an order that has gone missing in action and am kind of upset about the response of the WAHM and am wondering if I am wrong. To give a timeline and a little background:

5/24/06 - I purchased a diaper from a HC Congo made by the store in question
5/24/06 - I paid using paypal. There was an error in the HC figuring of the total so the store owner cleared this up and refunded the extra. insurance was paid on this item; shipping was only $0.01.
5/27/06 - I placed an order on the store website and added a comment that, if the inital shipment had not been placed, I was fine with all being shipped together. Shipping was paid on this item but not insurance because I did not see how you had to add insurance to the order.
6/7/06 - The order was marked as completed.
6/14/06 - Emailed store. Item not received and tracking number in DHL not showing the package as shipped.
6/15/06 - Reply from store stating box was dropped off at local pack & ship.
6/15/06-6/20/06 - Several emails are exchanged until, all of the sudden, on 6/20/06 the package showed up as shipped in the DHL system.
6/22/06 - Package arrives at my house. It is missing one of the diapers from the store order, though! I call the store owner. She is very apoligetic and promises to get right on it as she is moving shortly. In our discussions, we discover that the diaper I ordered really was probably too big for DS so she offers to re-make it in the smaller size.
7/4/06 - No diaper - I emailed the diaper store
7/28/06 - Email sent saying the diaper has been shipped. $5 gift certificate included for "trouble".
8/5/06-8/16/06 - a couple each of emails and phone messages sent/left inquiring on status.
8/17/06 - Response from store owner apoligizing for lack of replys due to computer/phone/email problems. Diaper was sent via metered mail first class.
8/21/06 - Email inquiring on status.
9/2/06 - Email inquiring on status.
9/11/06 - Final email from store owner stating that she sent the diaper, the post office could not help, and she is very sorry.
9/11/06 - Email sent to store owner stating how very frustrated and disappointed I am.

Add to this, the following from her website:
Quote:
Due to recent issues with the USPS (United States Post Office) and numerous delays, we will be shipping via DHL Ground on the majority of domestic packages. Any concerns or issues using the DHL service need to be listed in the comments of your order at checkout.
Now, my feelings... I feel as though I did her a favor by having her ship both order at once. While, I did not pay for insurance on the store order (which included the missing diaper), I did pay for it on the HC order. She failed to put the diaper in my order. While I very much appreciate the offer to remake the diaper, I would of been fine with just getting the diaper I ordered. Her communication has been sparse at best, and I have waited a very long time for this diaper. Because I was so patient, I have no recourse. She states having recent issues with USPS and, yet, shipped the diaper using metered mail. I have no proof whatsoever that the diaper was even sent.

For those who are WAHM's, what would you have done in this situation? Am I wrong to be upset about this? I really feel as though I have been wronged. I do admit, I screwed up and did not pay for insurance on the store order. I most certainly would have if I had noticed it. This said, insurance from the store is $1.50. I paid $1.30 insurance on the HC order and had her ship it all together. Am I right to be upset? Or, am I being unreasonable?

Thanks to anyone who made it this far!

Advertisement

Last edited by navars2; 09-14-2006 at 02:00 PM. Reason: UPDATE at end!
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Just looking for other opinions...

i think with her being the wahm, she needs to make the customer happy, if the mail lost the package somehow she needs to replace it.
if she sent all the diapers together including the HC one and you paid insurance on it then IMO the package shouldve been insured by her since you sent money for insurance on the one diaper since it was also in the package that was coming to you.
I hope she fixes this for you, if not please let us know who it is so we can make sure no other mamas are taken by such poor customer service
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for you mama! I would definately be heated at the least! Hopefully she will make it right, she should want to make you, her customer, happy b/c I know that when I'm happy about a product, I tell the whole world! GL

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:15 AM   #4
shell015
Banned
seller

Oh my gosh I can not believe that!!! Urghhhh. I would have remade a dipe and got it sent right out to you within a couple of days and put in a couple soakers or something for the drama. That is what gives WAHMS a bad name and why people are skeptical to buy from us. I wonder if you could email the lady that runs Hyena Cart itself and see if she could help in anyway? Hugs. I am sooo sorry that you have to deal with this.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #5
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I'm glad it is not just me. I think I'm going to try calling/emailing her again and see if I can get a more satisfactory response. If not, I will definately be posting reviews absolutely everywhere I can.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #6
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

I just don't understand why sellers (either individuals or wahms) don't get dc every. single. time. It such an easy thing to do, and it covers your tail if something does go wrong. The other thing that bugs me are the excuses. I am the last person to say that things don't come up where you can't make it to the PO, but just TELL me that. And 2+ weeks in between emails seems totally unacceptable to me. I hope you get some kind of resolution, mama.
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She has had a lot going on. So I was trying to be patient. One of the big gaps was while she was moving. It is very frustrating, though.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #8
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would definately continue the emails and if there is no response start leaving feedback. this has gone on for a bit too long imo. is there any way you can file with pp so that you at least get some of your money back? that was awfully wrong of the lady to drag this on for so long, even if it was during a move. HUGS!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #9
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavieenrose
I just don't understand why sellers (either individuals or wahms) don't get dc every. single. time. It such an easy thing to do, and it covers your tail if something does go wrong. The other thing that bugs me are the excuses. I am the last person to say that things don't come up where you can't make it to the PO, but just TELL me that. And 2+ weeks in between emails seems totally unacceptable to me. I hope you get some kind of resolution, mama.
I think that what you went through is totally unacceptable!!!

But, DC doesn't always cover your tail... I sent out an order to a customer but the paypal address wasn't her home address and she forgot to tell me. The DC showed the package as being delivered, but the person who accepts mail at the address it was delivered to didn't have the package or remember receiving it. Since the customer never received the order I remade it for her. DC didn't do much good in this instance, to really CYA you need signature confirmation so you know who accepted the package.

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It showed up today!!!

I am absolutely amazed and do not know what to think. Her last email to me did not give any indication that she was remaking the item or that there were any shipping problems. This was obviously not mailed when she said it was, though. It was not mailed via metered mail and the postmarks indicate a September mail date (I think Sep 5 but I can't tell for certain). There is DC on it but the DC only tells me that it was delivered today. Given my email on the 2nd (a Friday), I have to wonder if she made it and mailed it on the 5th (a Tuesday) and just never fessed up to it. Oh well, I'm just happy to have it. I will be emailing her to let her know it arrived and to let her know how very disappointed I was in her CS. At this point, I would have to think very long and hard about purchasing from her in the future or recommending her to anyone else.