Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #11
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PL(ers)Is dd ready? HELP?

I don't have much to add, except that we had a potty like you are describing when DS was pl'ing and I HATED it. I now have a potty with no parts that can be removed (like a small bjorn but has a higher back) and I love it.

Just keep trying! My DDs are 17 months and I only had one potty opened. Last night they were both with me in the bathroom and DD1 sat on the potty while DD2 stood (Her diaper had just been wet so I didn't think she would go). DD1 peed in the potty and I was praising her when I looked at DD2 and she was peeing on the floor. We now have both potties available.

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Re: PL(ers)Is dd ready? HELP?

I don’t think she gets it yet.

What I did was put her on when I thought she needed to go and had a diaper/training pant RIGHT THERE. If she wanted off, I let her off and put a diaper right on. I know a lot of EC moms are ok w/peeing on the floor and take it as a learning experience, but I’m not that patient. And DH Freaked every time she peed on the floor. So I put a diaper right back on if she didn’t go on the potty.

If she peed on the floor, it was my fault for allowing it to happen (as in not preventing it).

I also never said ‘no’ -I used uh oh, or oops, but I knew that there would be plenty of accidents and didn’t want her to feel too badly about it. OTOH, I did NOT ever say ‘that’s ok’ b/c its really *Not* ok in my book. DC always says ‘that’s ok, just try later’. No surprise she pees in her her pants a lot more there than at home.

There are a lot of ways to getting to the same goal on this one, you have to somewhat figure out what works for YOU and Her and go with it.
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote