Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

I know it's been asked before but...daycare dipes?

I'm headed back to work in a couple of weeks after being home for...a long time. We use fitteds and wool when at home but the mama who will be watching my kids is doing us a huge favor already and I want to keep things as simple as possible for her. So...pockets or AIO/2? And what kind, do you think? My 10 month old dd will be there 3 days a week for about 6 hours a day, so will a dozen dipes be enough, do you think? Did you get a wetbag for your provider to use? I'm suddenly so out of my element! Oh, any wahm's who could put together a daycare package for me, feel free to spam! TIA!

Advertisement

Last edited by lavieenrose; 09-14-2006 at 08:43 AM.
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Re: I know it's been asked before but...daycare dipes?

Pockets or AIO's should work equally well, just have the pockets stuffed already. Take a wet bag and dipes with you when you drop off the kiddo, and leave with them when you pick him up.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #3
monkeytoesmama
Registered Users

BumGenius

My dd is at a sitter's about 4 hours a day. I change her right before we leave home, and have 2 diapers in the bag. She's usually changed once mid-afternoon then not again until she's back home. I have a set-up for 2 days, so 6 BumGenius total. I wash after day #2. I have a zippered wet-bag for dirties. If it gets a little stinky before the wash since it's used 2 days in a row, I sprinkle a little bit of crushed Diaper Buddies or something in there. We do send disposable wipes, though.

I think a dozen would be PLENTY to get you through with washing every 3 days.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I was thinking BG might be the way to go. And I would definitely send sposie wipes. The crushed diaper buddies is a great idea. Thanks so much!
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

I send Swaddlebees Aplix diapers, they are trim and easy to put on. My dc wants sposie wipes and I send a wetbag in as well.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

ask how often the kids are changed. Ours checks the kids hourly and changes them as soon as they have a bm so 1 doz *Might* be enough for a couple of full days but then again might not.

we also line the diapers in the gerber disposable liners so we can just remove the solids and toss and the diapers arent stained badly by having poop sit on them for x hours (in the bucket)

I wish they'd just throw the poopy liners away but I dont want to rock the boat since they've already agreed to CD when most centers told me 'No'!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
washu97
Registered Users
seller

We have been looking at daycare for our daugter (due 12/13). The place that I liked the most responded to my "What's your cloth diaper policy" with..."We can do that - we just can't wash them for you!". They didn't even ask what kind. Of course, I felt the need to exlain how far cloth has come & that I will have some that are basically as easy to use as disposable

We are going w/ FB, bG!, and AIO's - depending on what works best for the baby. I may send in a couple different styles & see if they have a preference.

Definitly a wetbag to bring home daily.

Oh - and check the changing policy (pp may have mentioned this, I just have pg brain - lol!). Most centers will change "every 2 hours or as needed". So they will change them at 2 hours if NOT needed.

HTH
washu97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #8
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that a pocket or aio, especially with "velcro" is going to be easiest.

If your child care is regulated, check to see what your state's policies are on cloth diapers. For instance, I'm not allowed to dump or rinse. (doberbrat - that may be why your child care doesn't throw away the liners)

Hooray for finding a child care that is CD-friendly!

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #9
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is 10.5 months and the only one her day care provider takes care of. I send her off in a fitted with a wool cover. The biggest problem we're currently having is conveying that the cover should not be sent home wrapped around the peed in diaper, but separated and sent home in the bag with her morning clothes (I think she changes her outfit just for the fun of it every day!). I send 6 fb's every day, assuming she gets changed every 2 hours and she still has some sposies if she runs out of cd's . . . and I send a wetbag for the dirties. So far, so good. We just switched to cloth about 6 weeks ago.

Elisa
honeybunmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
dessismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I send prefolds and velcro covers... DCP seems to do well with this system.
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote