Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Tell me about your amby baby hammock!

UPDATE: 9/29 I got it today!! So far DD seems to like it Today has been a BAD day, DH and I went out to eat for his b-day last night and I had melted cheese on my chicken, DD has been so fussy, gassy, spitty, and not wanting to nurse today. I feel REALLY bad! I got the amby washed up and she is sleeping in it now.

I so wanted to get one with DD #2, she had reflux and was SO colicy!! We had a lot of stress going on in our lives and no money so I didn;t get one. Finally she ended up sleeping in the cradle swing beside our bed.

I wanted to get one for this baby but DH said let's wait and she if she needs it....Well, she is almost 4 weeks old and started with the reflux last week. She can not sleep flat anymore, naps in the sling or cradle swing. Last night I put her carseat in the co-sleeper and she slept in it until 1 am. I fed her sitting up on the couch and woke up there at 4:15 am!

From what I am reading, you either love it or not....But we are looking at getting one now. I even passed up one from a mama on here a few months ago.

Anyone have a used one they want to sell? ETA: I have one on the way! I can't wait to try it out!

Advertisement

Last edited by MistyP; 09-29-2006 at 02:36 PM.
MistyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Re: Tell me about your amby baby hammock!

I bought a tucker wedge/sling combo-- worked okay but in the long run I really wish we'd have bought the Amby (borrowed from a friend-- she needed it back though a month ago when her 3rd was born)-- if it was for my daughter being almost 6 months old I'd be tempted to buy one.....
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Thanks!! I am so mad at the ped's nurse. She said to give her rice cereal!!! She is 3 weeks old No way!!!

anyone else?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

We really love our Amby bed (well ds does) i so wish we would have had one for dd. We bought it before ds was born and started using it right away but he was very small and did not like it until about 4 weeks. He is 15 months now and still takes all of his naps in it and starts the night in it (then joins us) He was a really hard baby and this worked wonders for us. I highly recommend it, if you have any other questions please let me know. HTH!!
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:08 AM   #5
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Thanks Stephenie! I'm glad to hear that someone used it longer than 4-6 months like most people.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #6
MrsBreeder
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had an AMBY...but it sold!

Last edited by MrsBreeder; 11-04-2006 at 02:35 PM.
MrsBreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #7
Babyvan
Registered Users

We had one for our dd. We got it when she was 2 mos (should have gotten it sooner) because we were DESPERATE for sleep. It was the only thing that worked, but it worked like a charm, and we could take it with us when we traveled (although it was hard for me to set up and take down). She tried to crawl out of it several time when she was 8 mos and fell out so we had to stop using it. We have been cosleeping since then. She sleeps most of the night in her toddler bed now, and then with us the rest of the night.

I think they are worth their weight in gold and they work best the earlier you start baby in it.

We will also be selling our soon. I'm encouraged that the resale is so good on them.

Amy
Babyvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

MrsBreeder_I just bought one from another mama!! I Pm'd you back.

Amy-Glad to know it worked for you! I hope it does for us!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #9
DiapeyMom
Registered Users
seller

We also had an Amby, but didn't realize they had them until dd was 6 months old. We used it until she was 1, then she grew too tall for it. It was a lifesaver! Dd was diagnosed with GERD at 5 days old. My dh also said he would have paid $500 for it because it really helped our baby. She had no problems adjusting and I think she was just glad she was not refluxing so much. We traveled with it on the airplane in checked baggage with no problems.

Just wanted to post even though you already got it to tell you that you can also buy new sheets and foam for it directly thru Amby. You might want to consider it because it was most likely used by another baby with reflux who pukes. Just a thought...good luck.

My dd is still on Prevacid at 2.5 years old and I only wish they made a hammock for her age!
DiapeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #10
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapeyMom
We traveled with it on the airplane in checked baggage with no problems.

Just wanted to post even though you already got it to tell you that you can also buy new sheets and foam for it directly thru Amby. You might want to consider it because it was most likely used by another baby with reflux who pukes. Just a thought...good luck.

My dd is still on Prevacid at 2.5 years old and I only wish they made a hammock for her age!
Thanks!! We are flying "home" for Christmas to I may take ours too. Good idea for new mattress and sheets. I will check it out. Hhmmm, could you make a hammock for your DD? A lot of people in South America sleep in one! One of my friends in college from Brazil had one in his dorm room Just a thought.