Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #1
Registered Users
Question fitteds vs. AI1/2

Hi there,
I'm needing to get some new diapers...size Large! I cannot believe I'm in this situation again... I need them now so I don't have a lot of time to figure things out! I loved my GAD mediums but I'm so tired of stuffing pockets and my husband pretty much refuses to! He used to but he's done with it now....kept putting swaddlebees inserts into the GADs...oy.
Okay, stuffing when out-of-dryer is not going to work out b/c I routinely find myself pulling one diaper & insert out of the dryer at a time
These are just the facts of my life right now!

1. Wondering if you experienced mamas can comment on fitteds/covers(wool?) vs. AI1/2s...... As you can see from my above laundry comment, I'm not the best with 'extra work' so I'm thinking wool would probably be out of my league BUT I would LOVE to see my cutie in a pair of flare-bottom longies!!!!!!!!! they are so damn cute!

2. What specific products do you recommend keeping in mind 1. my daughter has HUGE thighs in relation to waist measurement (always has been on tightest waist snap with loosest thigh snaps in SBs, FBs, GADs, etc etc) 2. Not big on hemp....I always feel like it's not drying enough so something quick drying (Am I right, do a lot of fitteds take a while to dry?) Absorbency is also an issue..... she soaks through 1 Cotton Babies MF insert in about 2-3 hrs...SB insert lasts MAYBE 1.5hrs (hate that). I can use 2 cottonbabies at night and *almost* never have a leak.......

Sorry for all the complicated info.... Maybe I should just stick with the GADs now that I'm reading what I've written!!!!!

Thank you!

luvmykiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
Re: fitteds vs. AI1/2

I started off with only using my AIO's and they are still my favorite. You sound like me with the whole pocket issue. I don't like pockets and I am constantly pulling dipes out of the dryer for use . My AIO's work just like a sposie. THey go on like one, and are absorbant like one (can last up to at least 4 or 5 hours). I use mine over night (I have a super soaker 11 month old) and I just put a tri folded mt under the soaker flap. Check out my site and tell me what you think.

I do also use CPF's around the house, but they leak too much and need changing way too often. They are great for laundering though. But if you and dh hate the 2 step process of pockets, I don't know if CPF's are for you.
Teresa -WAHM to 3 girls!!!

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"

Last edited by teresaarrington; 09-14-2006 at 01:36 PM.
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #3

Peace To All Who Enter
My Mood:

I agree. I personally like pockets, but I recently sold all of my fitteds, wool, and covers. Too many steps for my lazy butt.

Pockets/AI2/AIO - the way to go in my book!
Are you ttc? Don't forget your folic acid. Ask me why.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I love ai2's

99% of hte diapers i make are ai2s as well, so others must love them as well...

they are easier to me than pockets, since ther eis no stuffing. I just wash and when i fold i match up the soakers. When i make mine, i sell extra soakers, so it becomes kinda like a cover and diaper kinda thing. If the dipe is just wet, you just need to change out the soaker... Nice and easy!!!!
Melissa, At home, homeschooling, proud LDS Mom to 3 miracles on Earth, 5 angels in heaven, Nothing butt cloth is now closed. Thank you for 5 years of support.
nothing_butt_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #5

I am all about the AIO just one easy step no covers to worry about. The ones that I make are machine wash and dryable. So easy as cake. I would go with the AIO. Fitteds are nice too, but you don't get to show off the cute diaper behind the cover.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote