Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
monkeysohana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Overnight Solution?

Aloha Mamas!

I am new to CD'ing and need help!

Currently we use pocket dipes for our little guy all the time but I am having some issues with them at night and could use your advice!

During the day we use OS HH or BG, and the occasional Coolababy (though they don't fit as well as I would like) or Thirsties and I am quite happy with this. However, little man is a heavy wetter at night and so we have to stuff the pockets with several layers to keep up with him.

The problem is that, once stuffed, the dipes are so wide through the crotch that our little side-sleeper has one leg hanging in the air all night. We have no problems with leaks but he looks so uncomfortable and tosses and turns trying to get settled. Of course, we never had this problem with sposies...

I have heard that fitteds can be great night diapers for absorbency if paired with a good cover and am interested in trying it but I need some direction. Little guy has very narrow hips and a very narrow crotch and is long and skinny all over. Can you recommend something that would not be as wide in the crotch as a stuffed pocket but still fit around the legs and waist?

Currently, we put him down in a BG OS with 2 Stuffins w/ovals. I always change him about halfway through the night when he wakes to nurse and he's always soaked the diaper but never leaked, and so I don't expect to never change him at night - I just need something that will do the same job without making him uncomfortable.

Ok, hope that's enough (and not too much) information! Please, any advice would be much appreciated!

Mahalo (thank you) in advance!

Advertisement

monkeysohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Overnight Solution?

We use Drybees Fleece for our super duper soaker and it holds it all in. HTH!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
monkeysohana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mommygraham, does your baby have a similar build? Do you use inserts still or just the diaper? Sorry, I just would really like to find something to work for our little guy!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
hkristine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for my 2yo we're using sbish fitted under babyology wool soaker or lanacare merino wool cover
for my 4 mo we're using bsrb tian under babyology wool soaker too

these two fitteds are both very, very trim and absorbent
Old 03-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
monkeysohana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sbish and bsrb? I will have to check the acronyms list for those, though I have seen them talked about in other threads

Also, does anyone have a cover that they love that isn't wool? Little guy is allergic.. :/
Old 03-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
mumof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have this same issue also only mine wakes up wet. I have been told to use a fleece cover also so maybe u could try that and not the wool. I hope u find answers i will be watching to see what u are told i was also told the get some of the same diapers u wree told also was told to try any diaper that might be hemp or bamboo or stuff a pocket with those. a friend told em to use a hemp insert with a mf towel. we we have sme of the drybees on the way we will see and i will let u know how they work.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
val01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.dancing-bears.com/index.php?cPath=23_28

Dancing Bears has a night fleece cover.

BSRB - Bagshot Row Bamboo
Sbish - Sustainablebabyish

Valerie
val01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
nataliedan
Registered Users
Formerly: withzwenaturallygrow
seller

we use VBSN diapers and wool
nataliedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #9
monkeysohana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a couple of used BSRB fitteds to see if those will work for us but am now in search of a used night fleece cover. I may have to just buy new, they seem pretty popular and, hey, if it doesn't work for us then I can always sell it here right?

On another note, I was searching for hemp or bamboo inserts and found loopy dos and super dos. Does anyone use them? Do they do a good job? Are they bulky?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #10
tinyman&roosters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use super do inserts at night, and they work well. mightier nighty is even more absorbant. i am not a fan of pockets, but i set up might dipes as though they are pockets...lol. i put a hemp of on with a snappi or pins, then put the superdo between the pf and the thirsties.

the best thing for us at night has been baby beehinds os fitted...bamboo is more absorbant, so we only needed the large insert (comes with it), but hemp worked also as long as we used both inserts. i use them with a thirsties cover.

gl! i know what you mean about the stuffed dipe. dd used to pee a ton at night when i was still bf once at night. she was little (4 or 5 months?), and she used to be so stuffed she could barely roll over. poor thing!
dd-4/08
tinyman&roosters is offline   Reply With Quote