Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Fun w/ nursing a 17 month old! :D

Ok so she's not quite 17 months. But last night, poor DD was waking up a LOT b/c she had a diaper rash that was hurting her. Anyway we both got up with DH shortly after sunup, but after an hour and a half or so, we were both sleepy again, so I laid her down for a quick morning nap and I took a morning nap too. When she woke up a couple of hours later, DH brought her to me.

I laid on my back, and she laid on her stomach next to me, and I nursed her and she laid her head into my elbow. After she was done, she kept "talking" to the bo0b. I would cover it up, and she'd look at me briefly, then uncover it and smile at it again. I wanted to tell her, "Hey! I'm up HERE!" lol. Then she started making kissy noises, and kept trying to kiss it, but would smile too much and have to back up and try again. It was so cute and I just wanted to share.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
zoies mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fun w/ nursing a 17 month old! :D

That's so sweet! In our house we jokingly say that I am just "She Who Brings the Milk"...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #3
babyhope78
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

awww
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
ChunkiBunz Diaperz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol my dh tells ds lets go find the boobies... not lets go see your mother or mommys in the other room its the boobies are in the other room, the boobies are sleeping lol

Check out River City Boutique -Blog & HC You can Fan me at the bottom of my HC
NWI Natural Family Living Fair 8-2010-Blog & Fan Page more info to come
[/FONT]
ChunkiBunz Diaperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is super cute. DS is 18 mos and tugs on my shirt when he wants milk. Then he just gets this big smile and kind of chuckles every time a boob comes out. So great. Toddler nursing rocks. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
Cyann
Registered Users
seller

Haha, I love that chuckle!

OP, that story's so sweet! My son is just a day younger than your daughter. He says "sssss" for nursing -- I call it nursies and he just picked up the last sound. He'll ask to nurse, I'll hike up my shirt, and he'll laugh and dive right in. It's fun, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Cyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:38 AM   #8
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son is 16 months and the other day he did "raspberries" while nursing. It was sooooooooooooo funny! He had milk all over his cheeks!!!!!

He loves his milk! He'll my shirt up. Sometimes he'll get into a standing position. I sometimes feel like a drinking fountain!

I don't mind, really. He's get the best drink!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok I have another funny that she did this afternoon. And this one will make you for sure. Poor thing is getting at least 3, and likely 4, teeth at once, so this afternoon her nap was intermixed w/ a lot of fussing. I needed a nap, too, so DH was letting me sleep while he tried laying w/ DD on the couch. When I got up, I brought her back into bed w/ me, and laid on my back while she laid along side my left side and nursed off the left boob. I had the right boob covered w/ my T-shirt, and I also had the covers pulled up to my waist. After like a minute, DD pops off the boob and then starts shoving at the covers like she's frustrated. She shoves them past my waist, past my hips, still frustrated. At first I thought she was hot, but then I realized that she may be looking for the other boob. (But she was looking for it way down by my legs, LOL.) So finally I lifted up the other side of my shirt and asked her if that's what she was looking for, and in answer, she dove in.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Ok I have another funny that she did this afternoon. And this one will make you for sure. Poor thing is getting at least 3, and likely 4, teeth at once, so this afternoon her nap was intermixed w/ a lot of fussing. I needed a nap, too, so DH was letting me sleep while he tried laying w/ DD on the couch. When I got up, I brought her back into bed w/ me, and laid on my back while she laid along side my left side and nursed off the left boob. I had the right boob covered w/ my T-shirt, and I also had the covers pulled up to my waist. After like a minute, DD pops off the boob and then starts shoving at the covers like she's frustrated. She shoves them past my waist, past my hips, still frustrated. At first I thought she was hot, but then I realized that she may be looking for the other boob. (But she was looking for it way down by my legs, LOL.) So finally I lifted up the other side of my shirt and asked her if that's what she was looking for, and in answer, she dove in.
My 15m o dd does this ezact same thing when I'm laying on my back and she's nursing from the side. It's so funny b/c she's like "hey where the hec did it go?" Love it!