Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #11
benjaminsmom's Avatar
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 3,086
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

That is exactly how it is with my DN. They come and go randomly. First on one part then it can change like 10-15 later and be somewhere else. Then they go away completely and a while later they are back. It is truely bizarre.

Advertisement

__________________
Tracy, wife to Dave, momma to Benjamin 01/13/07, Logan 10/03/2010
ISO of cheap ergo sucking pads (mocha) PM me!
benjaminsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #12
*Alabamamom*'s Avatar
*Alabamamom*
Registered User
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northeast Alabama
Posts: 9,068
My Mood:
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminsmom View Post
That is exactly how it is with my DN. They come and go randomly. First on one part then it can change like 10-15 later and be somewhere else. Then they go away completely and a while later they are back. It is truely bizarre.
They couldn't figure out why?? This is really odd.. he seems fine otherwise, no fever or complaining about anything else, other than it itching. Waiting for the dr office to call me back..
__________________
*~Angel~*
Married to my HS honey since 1990! And remarried him again July 20th, 2013!
Blessed with five - 22,20,18,7, & our sweet surprise 18mo
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #13
andrea0324
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AK
Posts: 363
My Mood:
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

FWIW my ODD is having this same issue. This is week #2. When I had her into the doc last week they said it's really common in little kiddos and often it will go on for several (up to 6) weeks and then just stop and you'll never know what caused it. We're just doing Benadryl over here and keeping an eye to make sure they don't start to go onto her face and near her mouth per doctors rec.

Hope yours go away quickly!
__________________
Andrea wife to Scott
Kelsey 2-06 and Stacy 4-07

I blog! Stop on by! www.northernlightsmama.blogspot.com
andrea0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #14
*Alabamamom*'s Avatar
*Alabamamom*
Registered User
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northeast Alabama
Posts: 9,068
My Mood:
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

My oldest son only broke out 3 times in his life (my girls never have).. once it was just following him eating shrimp for the first time when he was 2.. by the time we got to the ER, they had started going away. Just a funky reaction to the shrimp that first time I guess. :scratchhead: And the second time it was because I bought a brand new shirt and put it directly on him. (we were on our way to get pictures and he got something on his shirt, so I grabbed a new shirt that would work.).. well, that was a baaaad idea, he broke all over his torso, basically where the shirt touched. Then then we were visiting out of state, my sil laid down a sheet for the kids to sleep on and didn't bother to wash it first so it was brand new from the package.. he woke up just covered..

I did just get some gymbo clothes I ordered for Andrew, and he did wear them after his first bath and out to eat.. BUT, I did wash them first... I wonder if I should have washed them twice in a row? But, this doesn't explain hives on his buttcheek? The clothes didn't touch his butt, and he had a waterproof trainer on...

So the nurse says it sounds viral to her.. I can bring him in if I want, but she really didn't sound concerned or anything.. And I just looked him over again and can you believe the hives are almost gone again? Is this normal for them to pop up and leave so suddenly????
__________________
*~Angel~*
Married to my HS honey since 1990! And remarried him again July 20th, 2013!
Blessed with five - 22,20,18,7, & our sweet surprise 18mo
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3

Last edited by *Alabamamom*; 05-06-2008 at 09:49 AM.
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #15
benjaminsmom's Avatar
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 3,086
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
They couldn't figure out why?? This is really odd.. he seems fine otherwise, no fever or complaining about anything else, other than it itching. Waiting for the dr office to call me back..
The dr said it was viral, not much they can do unfortunately. But leland is really bothered by them, so that is the only good thing. It is like the 2 or 3 time it has happened with him. Just plain strange.
__________________
Tracy, wife to Dave, momma to Benjamin 01/13/07, Logan 10/03/2010
ISO of cheap ergo sucking pads (mocha) PM me!
benjaminsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #16
benjaminsmom's Avatar
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 3,086
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
My oldest son only broke out 3 times in his life (my girls never have).. once it was just following him eating shrimp for the first time when he was 2.. by the time we got to the ER, they had started going away. Just a funky reaction to the shrimp that first time I guess. :scratchhead: And the second time it was because I bought a brand new shirt and put it directly on him. (we were on our way to get pictures and he got something on his shirt, so I grabbed a new shirt that would work.).. well, that was a baaaad idea, he broke all over his torso, basically where the shirt touched. Then then we were visiting out of state, my sil laid down a sheet for the kids to sleep on and didn't bother to wash it first so it was brand new from the package.. he woke up just covered..

I did just get some gymbo clothes I ordered for Andrew, and he did wear them after his first bath and out to eat.. BUT, I did wash them first... I wonder if I should have washed them twice in a row? But, this doesn't explain hives on his buttcheek? The clothes didn't touch his butt, and he had a waterproof trainer on...

So the nurse says it sounds viral to her.. I can bring him in if I want, but she really didn't sound concerned or anything.. And I just looked him over again and can you believe the hives are almost gone again? Is this normal for them to pop up and leave so suddenly????
Lelands will be on his face and neck 1 min and like less than 5 min later they move to his back or stomach, or somewhere else. Just the way it seems to go with this. It has been like that every time he has had it.
__________________
Tracy, wife to Dave, momma to Benjamin 01/13/07, Logan 10/03/2010
ISO of cheap ergo sucking pads (mocha) PM me!
benjaminsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
*Alabamamom*'s Avatar
*Alabamamom*
Registered User
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northeast Alabama
Posts: 9,068
My Mood:
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

Ok.. that is odd.. sounds like the same thing going on here except when they leave, they are gone for a bit, a good 30 min it was at least before coming back in other spots..
__________________
*~Angel~*
Married to my HS honey since 1990! And remarried him again July 20th, 2013!
Blessed with five - 22,20,18,7, & our sweet surprise 18mo
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #18
benjaminsmom's Avatar
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 3,086
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

Sometimes they go for hours even a day, the poof, they appear. My sis fund that benadryl doesn't seem to do anything to help them. Hope he is feeling better soon!
__________________
Tracy, wife to Dave, momma to Benjamin 01/13/07, Logan 10/03/2010
ISO of cheap ergo sucking pads (mocha) PM me!
benjaminsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
*Alabamamom*'s Avatar
*Alabamamom*
Registered User
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northeast Alabama
Posts: 9,068
My Mood:
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

I just wanted to update on this.. His hives stopped appearing that evening.. But yesterday when we got to six flags and I went to get him from his seat, he had them AGAIN, this time he was running a fever too! Thank goodness I had some tylenol in my bag.. He did the same thing with the hives all day again, they'd disappear and reappear.. We ended up leaving early because he just kept getting fevers and we could tell they were getting high and the tylenol didn't seem to help take them down much.. My neighbor which is a EMT said she thought he needed to go to the ER.. we went there and was sitting there almost 3 hrs and in that time his hives completely went away and his fever finally broke! That's great, but :bandhead: Every time they were going to call us back, another ambulance would come in so we left and I got him some children's benadryll and motrin to rotate with the tylenol. Gave him some motrin last night for another fever and he slept good..No fever OR hives this morning. So.. WTH? Any ideas what on earth could be wrong with him???
__________________
*~Angel~*
Married to my HS honey since 1990! And remarried him again July 20th, 2013!
Blessed with five - 22,20,18,7, & our sweet surprise 18mo
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3

Last edited by *Alabamamom*; 05-10-2008 at 08:29 AM.
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #20
*Alabamamom*'s Avatar
*Alabamamom*
Registered User
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northeast Alabama
Posts: 9,068
My Mood:
Re: He's breaking out in hives!

Oh yeah.. wanted to add that his lymph nodes in his neck are swelled up! Must be some kind of infection?
__________________
*~Angel~*
Married to my HS honey since 1990! And remarried him again July 20th, 2013!
Blessed with five - 22,20,18,7, & our sweet surprise 18mo
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.