Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
i have NO willpower

I swear every time i start a new diet or liftstyle change i can never stick with it i always ended up cheating and then not going back on it. I have done ww a doz. times and never stick with it. I think the only way i could would be to get like nurtisystem or something similar but i can't find one in my price range. Does anyone have any tips on how they stay on programs.

Advertisement

-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
a_budravage
Registered Users
seller

Re: i have NO willpower

If you want to do something like nutrasystem, I did some thing like it when I was going into the military. I set a calorie goal, had cheese toast for breakfast (you can pick something else) and bought those banquet meals for lunch and dinner (I only got the ones that were 300-400 calories)
Old 05-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that's a really good idea...i haven't really gone on a program per se...but i am limiting carbs and eating more reasonable

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
RNMommyto2
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would just convince yourself that you are actually on the Zone/Nutrisystem. I have done the zone and it worked really well for me - I'm back on it after child #2. It is like a set of training wheels. But it is a LOT of planning to maitain it yourself. Decide what you would like to eat, combine fats/healthy carbs/proteins at EVERY snack and meal, eat like a bird, but eat every 3 hours.

Make your own meals for several days ahead of time and keep up with it. This way, you are not faced with the decision of what to eat when it is actually time to sit down and eat and you don't have to cook while you're hungry.

I find this very helpful once I get the hang of it. I'm not forever thinking about food b/c I just know my routine and once I'm done with the snack/meal, it's over. There's no more thinking about food until the next scheduled eating time. It helps also if you have a hard time listening to your body.
RNMommyto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Try the Bob Greene Best Life Diet (the guy who helped Oprah) it starts slow with easy changes, then works up. First you eliminate alcohol, increase activity, stop eating after a certain hour, and increase water. THen you have other manageable steps.

Either way. Make little changes that you can stick with. Say this week I'm going to drink 8 glasses of water/day. AND DO IT.
Next week say "I'm going to drink the water AND stop eating at 7pm"
Then water, 7pm AND eliminate soda.
see what I mean?

And realize...you will slip up. We all do, but it isn't the end. Don't get into the "I'll start again tomorrow, or monday, etc" trap. Get into "I'll start over NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There's a ds mama weight loss blog that's invite only. I think the mama's sn that runs it is camelfam (or something...if you look through this forum you can find a thread I created about the bloggers...she posted to it) pm her and see if you can jump in with us! We weigh in friday!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
syndibee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

one great book that i LOVE LOVE LOVE is "The Insulin-Resistance Diet" by Cheryle r. Hart and Mary Kay Grossman.
it's all about balancing healthy carbs and proteins. It's a great weight management diet and doesn't restrict you too much. A truely healthy way of eating.
Currently I follow the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet but i'm working towards the Insulin-Resistance lifestyle.
I'll have to follow that blog thingy...i'm interested in being truely motivated to stay healthy and lose a few extra pounds.