Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #11
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So is it REALLY bad that...

I do take my kids in. since i have had 2 that were FTT. I mean tiny... 6 months old and not even 10 lbs....
But i wonder when i have my homebirth. Part of me is like, i want to take baby in, the day she is born just to have everything checked. but i think really that wont happen... I dont know.

I think if you know your kid is thriving, and you dont vax anyway what is the point... to go in and hae them tell you , you ae a bad mom becaseu you dont vax??? If you are thinking you want to get her looked at at some oint. iw ould find a ped naturopath... I love mine... and i only go every once in a while, but it is a nice change...

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #12
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_heidi
Personally, I do go to the dr with my kids. I don't however, think you are being negelctful for not doing so. We are different people and you know your baby, so if you don't vax and you know what to look for in case of delays, why do you need to take her. I don't always think I need to take mine and sometimes I don't do it.

With that said, some people will think you are neglecting your baby so I recommend what the op said about weighing the baby so you don't have to tell anyone. Some people will call child protective services for things like that. I am not saying you should live in fear, just be selective in who you tell those things to. It is better to protect your family. When you know people then you can decide to tell them because you will have an idea how they will react to it. HTH From what you said, you are a great mama!!!

Or you can just answer something generic like, big enough.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #13
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our doctor has well baby and sick baby waiting rooms so dd has never gotten sick after going to the doctor. She also saved breastfeeding for me. She showed me a hold that no LC had and it was amazing. She is also a vegetarian and I just love her.

I think there are lousy doctors and there are great doctors. It would be good to have one that you have a relationship with so if you do need one you have somone you can call. Ask around and see if you can find one that would be a good fit fo you.

Though I think maternal insticts are the best, it is good to have a doc affirm you are right!

Good luck!
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #14
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love our pediatricians! But.. my 8mo dd has never seen them.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #15
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: So is it REALLY bad that...[edit at top]

I cannot find a good pediatrician to deem worthy of going too. I agree that dr offices are nothing then germ pools waiting to get at our healthy babies.

I do like having them weighed and measured, but I guess I could do that at home if I had a scale.

I think Dr's are nosey and they try to tell you how to take care of your kids....sorry!!! I do things my way!!!

I do not think you are neglectful!!! Why take her in and chance getting a perfectly healthy baby sick!! Naaa!!!

Good job mama~!!!!!!!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #16
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetodance
Our doctor has well baby and sick baby waiting rooms so dd has never gotten sick after going to the doctor. She also saved breastfeeding for me. She showed me a hold that no LC had and it was amazing. She is also a vegetarian and I just love her.

I think there are lousy doctors and there are great doctors. It would be good to have one that you have a relationship with so if you do need one you have somone you can call. Ask around and see if you can find one that would be a good fit fo you.

Though I think maternal insticts are the best, it is good to have a doc affirm you are right!

Good luck!
Well where are you !!?? Can you have her cloned?? lol

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #17
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

youre not neglectful at all! if she is happy and healthy, then you are fine i havent taken either of mine to the doc in over a year and im dreading taking my oldest for her school exam. ( no insurance and BLAH!)
Old 09-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #18
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think you're neglectful! I always thought it was silly too if they are healthy. We go, but Bram has medical problems. Plus, we *have* to have medicaid *because* of his medical problems and they would probably send social workers to come "inspect" us or something if he didn't go to his check-ups.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #19
mooandme
Registered Users

it sounds like shes healthy to me ;-)
Old 09-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #20
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annes_cottage
Well where are you !!?? Can you have her cloned?? lol
Hee hee. I am in NYC, but I do vax and all of that. But the doc was really good about double checking her vax's for thermisol. I have a few adult friends who are polio survivors, so that has really influenced me.

There are holistic peds in the city, but my BIL is an osteopath so I go to him for natural reccomendations if I need them. Poor guy got all of my parenting panic calls the first few months. I OWE him!
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote