Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
willihm
Registered Users

Two awkward situations..

Well..

I've just done my first round of selling my newborn stash and I've already had two awkward situations..

1) (Not related to selling) I bought a diaper off of a mama here. I waited 2 weeks and it didn't come, so I reminded her and she said she had forgotten, was very sorry (Illness sweeping the household) and would send it out priority. I said no problem and waited another week to check again and she said it had been sent a week ago priority (but no Delivery confirmation). She promised to pull out another dipe just like it and send that one.. I wrote back and said that was fine if she wanted to do that or she could just refund 1/2 my pay pal and we could split the loss for the "lost" diaper. I also promised I would let her know if it ever showed up and pay her back the refund. That was the last I heard. It's been almost a month now and no diaper.. Even if I get one, it's not going to fit DS for long.. What would you do at this point?

2) I listed some diapers in VGUC. Someone offered up a trade for some new (unwashed) dipes they had, so we did. They got theirs and they aren't happy because they look more used then their diapers they have that were received in EUC. I have said I'll take them back. Even offered to pay shipping back to me (which they declined) and I'll pay to "buy" the diapers they sent me in trade. I guess I'm a little frustrated, though, because I said they were in VGUC, not EUC. I don't want to upset the mama and I don't want any bad feedback, but now I'm out the shipping and I have to pay her price for her diapers which is more then I probably would have paid if I was "choosing". They diapers I got from her are available in EUC in abundance on the board..

Sigh.. Maybe I won't do anymore trading.. I'm not having very good experiences...

Advertisement

willihm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Two awkward situations..

in the first situation, I would report her to paypal as item not received. she had her chance to make it right.

in the second situation, how clear were your description and pictures?
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Sorry this happened momma! I just don't do trades anymore my opinion of VGUC may differ from others! Sooooo very sorry momma!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

The first situation if you can I would file with PP. But by your timeline you might be out of time. Paypal gives 45days. Whatever you choose please leave appropriate feedback. I would also encourage her to start using DC on EVERY package.

The 2nd situation. I would hunt down your original FS post. and show the mama that it said "VGUC" NOT "EUC". It probably wont do much good, but its worth a shot?.....I dont know what to say.

Word of advice to everyone. When you sell things. Dont remove the description from your post. Leave everything as is and just put "sold" by it. That way if there is any question later, people can hunt down what the description said. Its always nice to know.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I would file with paypal in the first situation if there is time still. In the second, tough luck for her. People's opinions vary about what EUC vs VGUC are. When you are buying used products, the buyer should beware and ask specific questions about the condition of the item or ask for additional pictures.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #6
willihm
Registered Users

Heard from Mama number one and she says she is going to send another diaper to replace the one that went missing..

"settled" with mama number two. She is sending the dipes back at her own cost and I'm paying her price for the dipes that she sent me as a trade..

So here is the question.. Both of these mamas have been very nice and have continued to communicate throughout.. but I'm not feeling very happy about either one of the transactions..

So what do I do in feedback?

For #1, assuming I do finally get a diaper and assuming it really did get lost in the mail, in the end, I get what I paid for, but it's almost a month later.. Do I mention that?

For #2, we are working it out and I really didn't fight her on her desire to return them, but I have checked with 3 other people who all received diapers in the exact same condition with the same description and they have all been very happy with them and I even wrote one back to see if she felt my description was fair and she said she felt it was very accurate.. So again, do I mention this at all in feedback? Or do I just leave an "everything worked out ok.." kind of positive feedback?

I want to be fair to everybody I guess.. I haven't complained to these mamas so it seems unfair to leave anything other than positive in the feedback, but I think other mamas should know how this person transacts, too. I mean, what if mama #2 makes a habit of sending back dipes? Then she is costing a lot of people shipping and difficulty and if we don't report it, no one will ever know....

Ugh!
willihm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #7
rimomma
Registered Users
seller

I would definately file w/ PP on #1. Don't wait until your 45 days is up! Have you checked her feedback? Most people would not keep "sending" you dipes after the others get lost. If you do get the dipes then you can cancel your claim w/ PP. HTH!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #8
mom2t
Registered Users
seller

2) I listed some diapers in VGUC. Someone offered up a trade for some new (unwashed) dipes they had, so we did. They got theirs and they aren't happy because they look more used then their diapers they have that were received in EUC. I have said I'll take them back. Even offered to pay shipping back to me (which they declined) and I'll pay to "buy" the diapers they sent me in trade. I guess I'm a little frustrated, though, because I said they were in VGUC, not EUC. I don't want to upset the mama and I don't want any bad feedback, but now I'm out the shipping and I have to pay her price for her diapers which is more then I probably would have paid if I was "choosing". They diapers I got from her are available in EUC in abundance on the board..

Same thing happened to me. I think it really does not have to do with the quality of our dipes, the person just changed their mind about the trade. It is dishonest.