Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
IHaveSpirit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone exclusively pumping?

Just wondering if any other mama's out there are exclusively pumping for their baby...

I am right now due to a tongue tie that was clipped, but his tongue still can't stretch out enough to latch on well.

I just thought we could support each other here

My guy is on 100% breastmilk and I am slowly freezing a stash I am getting between 6-9oz per pumping session. It is definately time consuming and challenging as I also have a 3 y/o at home, but totally worth it to make sure this babe gets his milk from me.

Advertisement

IHaveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone exclusively pumping?

me Going on 9.5 months now pak with a laprider, sorry so short. Another support thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=462944

Last edited by daisy0306; 05-07-2008 at 12:54 PM.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
kerryannkeegan
Registered Users

Hi, I epumped for my first for 1 year. she was never able to latch. She had a posterior tongue tie as well. This time around my LO also has a posterior tongue tie but is nursing some. However, I am still pumping a bunch. I would be happy to give you tips on epumping. You can email me at kerryannkeegan@yahoo. Three other groups I found really helpful were (all yahoo groups) MOBI (mothers overcoming breastfeeding issues). pumpmoms , and epers.
Good luck.
Kerry
kerryannkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I EPd for the first 5 weeks with youngest DS while he was in the NICU. He had tongue tie and I couldn't get it clipped until he was like 3 months old. I still nursed him and pumped. Once he got his frenulum clipped, it still took a long time to get him to extend his tongue properly. I would encourage you to keep trying him at the breast. EPing is a lot of work. But, you know that. Once he got it figured out, he never looked back. He is still nursing now at 2.

I tried to do tongue exercises that an LC showed me putting my little finger in his mouth and helping him extend his tongue. I also stuck my tongue out at him every time he was latching. If he takes a pacifier, I was told you can use one of those Soothie ones to practice drawing his tongue out, too.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
IHaveSpirit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy0306 View Post
pak with a laprider
What is a laprider?
IHaveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveSpirit View Post
What is a laprider?
my 9 month old
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
Jessmomto2
Registered Users
seller

I'm not, but I was for about a week when my son unexpectedly was hospitalized for renal failure. I applaud all you mamas pumping exclusively! It takes lots of time and work. My cousin exclusively pumped for her first daughter because her daughter had oral aversion issues--still does a bit even at 5.
Jessmomto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #8
stephiegal16
Registered Users
seller

I pumped exclusively for my daughter for over a year. She was in the NICU for the first 3 months and then never learned to latch after that. I did try several times to teach her, but she ended up aspirating on some milk (over active let down) and that was enough for me. So for 14 months the Pump in Style was my breast friend. I still recommend it to any pumping mom as it saved me from having to formula feed.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
TempoHasPaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me! I've been Eping for 21 months 8-10x a day/night..my daughter is still exclusively on my milk (no solids) She was born with a high bubble palate, poor suck rhythm, and oral aversion, but otherwise she is a very smart and very healthy toddler! We overcame the oral aversion by six months, now she's just straight up stubborn when it comes to solids. I plan on pumping for 4-5 years, I'm yeilding 140-145oz per day! My daughter drinks the fresh milk and the rest goes to donation which so far has been over ninety five thousand ounces! I feel like pumping just gets easier and easier as time passes, it definitely has it's rewards

Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #10
tlaquepaque
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I EPed for a year for DS. I had enough milk frozen when I weaned that he got a couple bottles everyday until he was 20 months! It was well worth it. You can do it!