Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2006, 06:27 PM   #21
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: Misuse of an USPS envelope

I was just gonna post this LOL she is great she is a DS momma too!

clbrose is her SN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #22
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Wow, I had no clue this was a no-no. I've reused them before, turned inside out and have received many packages this way as well.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #23
shell015
Banned
seller

I've never done this. I never would have thought about it. Too much trouble. I would rather just get the envelopes and call it good and I can rest assured that my buyers won't be charged because I take directly to the post office to weigh and pay. But that is just me and I am not downing anyone who has.... I am just tooo lazy and not creative enough.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #24
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have received some enveopes turned inside out. I just don't like the way it looks personally. I thinkit costs .08 -.14 to buy the ones from My little buttons.
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #25
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IIRC, its ok to reuse them, but you have to pay for priority because its a priority envelope whether its inside out or not.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #26
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

I don't do this if they are new but I do reuse them inside out. If the post office asked me to pay the difference I would gladly show them it is a recycled package. My PO told me that is fine to do if it is recycled.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:39 PM   #27
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I think the post offices need to get on the same page about this because I used to do this and now don't because I sent my sister something and she was charged
also once I sent her some books and cds via media mail they opened the package to make sure it was media contants.
with my old post office the mail guy told me it is okay to reuse the bags for mailing , then the lady at the counter told me that it was okay ONLY if I reused it for priority mail.
I think the USPS needs to get all the post offices on the same page, so that everyone knows the proper use of priority packaging!

ok off my rant
Old 09-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #28
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Here's a blurb on the usps.com site - https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1

Using Express Mail® or Priority Mail® envelopes for other mail

If any Express or Priority Mail packaging or packaging supplies e.g., Priority Mail tape to seal a Parcel Post® package, are used on any other class of mail, the applicable Express or Priority Mail price will be charged.

Misuse may be a violation of federal law.
Turning the packaging inside out to conceal the Priority Mail / Express Mail insignia is specific misuse that is not allowed.
Any matter mailed in these free boxes is charged the appropriate Express or Priority Mail price, regardless of how the packaging is reconfigured (including being turned inside out, cut, shrunk, enlarged, etc.) or how the markings are obliterated.

Mail dropped in a Collection Box® receptacle using inappropriate packaging (including, for example, mailing Priority Mail items in an Express Mail box) is either:

Sent on as insufficient postage mail
OR
Returned to the sender
Treatment of this mail is based on the specific case as decided by the Post Office™ facility handling the mailpiece.

NOTE: The United States Postal Service® provides some packaging and supplies free of charge for:

Priority Mail (Domestic) items
Express Mail (Domestic) items
Global Priority Mail® items
Global Express Mail™ (GEM) items
Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG) items

Using boxes that are ordered at The Postal Store® for other uses

The terms of Agreement for the use of USPS® shipping supplies is as follows: I understand that Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Global Express Mail and Global Priority Mail packaging is the property of the United States Postal Service and is provided solely for sending Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Global Express Mail and Global Priority Mail. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #29
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

So it doesn't say anything about reuse though? Hmmmm...I agree, they need to put it in writing and all be on the same page.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #30
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

my post office said that even if you are reusing them you still have to pay for priority.

So its obvious that some PO's are ok with reusing and some arent. So why take the chance that your PO will be ok with it and the PO you are sending to ISNT ok with it?

I would rather just buy a .08 polymailer and not risk it. Polymailers are cheap!
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote