Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #31
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Misuse of an USPS envelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by momovthree
So it doesn't say anything about reuse though? Hmmmm...I agree, they need to put it in writing and all be on the same page.

It does say this:

Any matter mailed in these free boxes is charged the appropriate Express or Priority Mail price, regardless of how the packaging is reconfigured (including being turned inside out, cut, shrunk, enlarged, etc.) or how the markings are obliterated.

So if you were to re-use it, its still being sent in their free mailer, so you need to pay priority.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #32
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope she refunds you the money. While I'm sure she had no idea and didnt mean it, you shouldn't have to pay for her mail fraud.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #33
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRhi
It does say this:

Any matter mailed in these free boxes is charged the appropriate Express or Priority Mail price, regardless of how the packaging is reconfigured (including being turned inside out, cut, shrunk, enlarged, etc.) or how the markings are obliterated.

So if you were to re-use it, its still being sent in their free mailer, so you need to pay priority.
It's just annoying that my PO says I can use them and another PO says another thing. They need to all be doing the same thing. The way I look at it, if it's being reused you are recycling an envelope that would otherwise go directly in the garbage. Plus it's already been paid for and fulfilled it's Priority Mail destiny.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote