Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #1

Peace To All Who Enter
My Mood:
Lord, give me strength

We were all sick last week with a baaaaaaaaad stomach virus. DD#1 missed 4 days of school. Fast forward to this week - she has complained every day that her belly is still hurting, even going to the office twice and being coaxed to hang on through the day. I was on my way home from work when my babysitter called saying that dd wanted to stay home. I let her stay home, thinking she would go to school late. She cried and cried. I don't know what it going on. Could her belly still be bothering over a week later? I think it might be behavioral. I've been at this job for a while, but have only 3 nights left (yeah!).

Oh goodness.

Are you ttc? Don't forget your folic acid. Ask me why.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff
My Mood:
Re: Lord, give me strength

If she was vomiting alot her stomach muscles could still be sore. Hope you're all better soon!
Married fifteen years to a great man; SAHMama to four no longer in diapers but DS is still home to me.
"When you know better, you do better." -Maya Angelou

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Lord, give me strength

My oldest tried this recently when she realized hurting tummy might mean staying home from school. I really think most kids try it at some point.
I told DD that if she was staying home then she was not getting out of bed except to go to the restroom and eat and only clear liquids. No toys at all no books except school books to catch up work. Stick with it don't give in to playing.

The next day she was crying again that her stomach hurt. I reminded her that she was going to stay in bed no tv no toys and she was miraculously cured.
Rose~Mom to Ayla Elaine 11 Abigail Caitlyn 5 & Rowan Sage 2 Crimson Rain Due in June ~Wife to my soul mate Bill Oh and I can't spell so expect errors
Roseplummer is offline   Reply With Quote