Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #1
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:
stop pumping...why so hard for me to decide?

I've had a hospital grade electric pump from WIC since my son was a few days old. I couldn't get him latched on and called up crying the day after Christmas.

They let me use the pump since I returned to work when he was 6 weeks.

He is now 16 months old. He eats regular food. He just started drinking juice and yes, he's had some cow milk.

I still bf him. He's not night weaned and I don't really mind (at this point, who needs sleep! )

I went away at the beginning of April and I'm pretty sure it messed up my pumping abilities. I find that when I do pump at work I get like 3 oz.!

I haven't pumped at work in like 2 weeks!
He is doing fine. I'm not in pain or anything.

I really should return the pump. Other mamas could use it. I am so grateful for the use of it. I don't know what I would have done.

Dh says that I can buy a pump (like a Swing or a used one). I just don't know. I'm not sure if we are 100% sure we'll have another.

Ok...all this rambling....I'm just finding it hard to say that I won't be pumping anymore.

I'm not weaning.....nope...my son still loves his "mama milk", and I'm not ready to wean him either.

Sorry for the ramble.

Advertisement

debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: stop pumping...why so hard for me to decide?

I understand completely. DD was about that age when I realized I just wasn't pumping anymore. DD still nurses morning, evening, and night (all night) so it's not like she isn't getting alot of milk. It just feels weird not to pump. DD is 22 months now and our nursing relationship is fine. She does prefer solids over a sippy of milk when we are apart now. She'd wether wait and get it straight from the source.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
nathansmama
Registered Users
seller

Congrats to you for nursing and pumping for this long!! That is great!

I am sure that it is just hard to let go of something that you are so attached to (the pump). But take heart that he is still nursing and getting lots of good yummy mama milk!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh boy, I've been debating the same thing. It's hard. I quit pumping May 1 and just let my ds keep nursing. But, then on this past Tues, I realized I wouldn't be home from work in time to nurse him and I had to decide whether to pump or not. I pumped. I couldn't not do it. I guess I'll do the same this week on the days that I'm not home to nurse him. I'm even planning to take my hand pump with me on vacation. I want to stop but I don't want to stop. It's hard. I've been pumping for 14.5mos.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use to pump every morning to leave milk for him for the day...but I wasn't getting anything.

He nursed a lot this past weekend. He loves his mama milk and oh my....if I tell him they went night-night....he cries!!!!!!

He eats great during the day.

I think I'm turning in the pump today.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote