Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Dairy free diet....

My new DD is almost 3 weeks old, she is spitting up more and more and getting more fussy. Now I have had 3 babies so far with reflux, first 2 we tried medications, didn't help. My 2nd DD was SO colicy (I was told!) I think it was dairy intolerance, she was later on soy milk. My 3rd DD was very fussy, spitty by 3 weeks so I tried the Dr Sears elimation diets, and cutting out dairy made a world of difference. Finally at 20 months she could have regular cow's milk without problems.

Back to this baby....I know all babies are different, however, I am strongly thinking that dairy elimination may help. She has been a very good baby, hardly even cries until now. We eat ALOT of dairy, DH thinks everything needs to be covered in cheese! LOL

I really don't want to have to fix 2 different meals for myself and my family so I need some ideas! I did buy some rice milk to use. I don't think I will drink it but figured it would be good for mixing in stuff....

So, help me out with some good nutritious dairy free ideas!

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
Shawna in CA
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dairy free diet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyP View Post
We eat ALOT of dairy, DH thinks everything needs to be covered in cheese! LOL

Men who eat lots of dairy are at 400% greater risk of prostate cancer than other people, and people who eat the most dairy suffer more osteoporosis, so eliminating dairy from the diet permanently can be a fabulous thing.

Quote:
I did buy some rice milk to use. I don't think I will drink it but figured it would be good for mixing in stuff....
Rice milk is actually tasty. It's a tad starchy tasting, but it's good, and it's really good to cook with.

You may want to try hemp milk, too. It's a really good, nutritional bang. It's not cheap, though, but when you read the label---WHOOOO, it's just loaded with good stuff, so it makes a person feel a bit better about the price. I drink it all the time--plain, vanilla, chocolate---we've always got some here.

Quote:
So, help me out with some good nutritious dairy free ideas!
vegweb.com has a lot of good ideas and has a nice format.

This place has some ideas:

http://www.vrg.org/

And this place has good ideas;

http://www.veganchef.com/

Good luck!

"If we switch to eating a vegan diet, we no longer have to "save the planet". Veganism allows the planet to save itself." ~~ Jeff Popick
Shawna in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dairy free diet....

Thanks!!