Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #11
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

Re: breastfeeding & birth control

I am on Mirena, but I don't know about it. I hate the idea that I have to set up an appt. to have it removed. I also hate the idea of a foreign thing in my body. It was the thing that was covered by my insurance at the time. My daughter's birth was traumatic and I was sure I wouldn't want another for at least 3-5 years lol. But now I'm forgetting about that thankfully.

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #12
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the Mirena IUD b/c it would not effect my supply or milk (and has not so far) and b/c it would not cause issue down the line when I am ready to TTC again.

I TTC'd for 2 years so I wanted something that I did not have a long wait period, etc. I researched it as much as I could and saw this was MY best option.

I hate the pill, it has always gaven me migraines.

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #13
SMTFamily06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks girls! yeah we did natural family planning until thomas was 2 months when we started trying again. I don't want to use a pill at all but I have heard that is one of my only options ecspecially after this baby is born we plan on trying again in 15 months - not sure but thanks for all the input it has helped me def rule out some things!!
Old 05-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #14
cokelush
Registered Users
seller
seller

If anyone is even thinking about Mirena really research it for you and your body (knowing how your own body handles things) - my daughter was looking into it and I was soooo afraid for her to get it. I'd read some pretty scary things online. Thankfully (to me!) she lost her health insurance so her only option (other than condoms) was the minipill.
No matter what you are thinking of ... do your homework. Different women's bodies react differently and only you know what is right for you based on prev. experience.
cokelush is offline   Reply With Quote