Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
g&a
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone low carb anymore?

I am a firm believer that some people need more carbs than others. I feel best if I don't eat a lot of carbs. DH needs more carbs, which makes cooking for the two of us fun.

I also found that i am alergic to wheat. Man do I feel better without wheat!!

g.

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #12
heybecka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been on south beach for a couple years it worked great for weight loss at first, but then sorta plateaued, I'm still left with a 3mo pregnant belly from my 3 darling children. ...sigh, but at the same time it is just a really good healthy lifestyle I think.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #13
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH is back on it, he's put on about 20 lbs this past year staying at home. 165 lbs doesn't sfound a lot for someone that is 5'10 but he's small boned. I think he'd be better at around 145-155.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 AM   #14
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftwo View Post
I don't eat any white carbs or sugars. I have gone from 138 to 115 since January. I also hula hoop for an hour per day to help keep tone my beely, thighs, and bum. If you still need a buddy, let me know.
how funny - great job
Old 05-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #15
borabora511
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do so much better with low carb also... no breads, etc... However, my low carb is probably more like the zone diet as opposed to Adkins or South Beach...

I gained 70lbs w/ my LO... And the hard part was that I still worked out 5-6x's/wk- cardio and weights and step class, and ate the "Bradley Method" diet my entire pregnancy!!! Since having him about 4 months ago, I've lost 50 of the 70lbs... only 20 more to go!!! And YIPPIE, he started sleeping thru the night at 3 months- so I'm back to the gym at 5am everyday- and that's really when I started noticing the weight falling off!

I'm really hoping to be back to my pre-preg weight by the time he's 6 months old!!!

Oh, and yes, I'm back to my zone type diet- however, I do occationally splurge for the dessert or bread with dinner- and my excuse is that DS is still totally EBF!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #16
plath
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did low-carb before I got pregnant, lost 15 lbs and really think it helped me to *get* pregnant, as I have PCOS. I'd love to do it again, but dd has a sensitivity to dairy, and I ate a TON of dairy on low-carb. I'm also nervous that it could hurt my supply, as I want to EBF for at least another 8 months. I still have 25 lbs to lose and need to find SOMETHING to actually get this weight off
Currently closed

plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #17
Sarah2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just started Atkins again today. I was finally inspired by seeing myself in a photo - yuck! I did Atkins before I got pg with my twins and lost about 30 lbs. I think it helped me get pg since I have pcos. Any how I am back on it and would love some support!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #18
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I love low-carb. I feel best when eating this way.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #19
mcbruhn
Registered Users

I'm controlling my carbs because of gestational diabetes and I did notice that I lost a little weight. Mainly I do it to keep the GD under control for my baby. But I've also noticed that I don't need to totally eliminate the carbs in order to get the results I want. I still eat pasta--I'm just mindful of my portions! And I have eliminated bread almost entirely.

The major thing I noticed was that when I changed my breakfast it had a major effect. I have no more than 17g of carbs at breakfast.

If you want some really good, tasty low-carb recipes, look into the EatingWell Diabetic cookbook. It's fabulous. And now it's available in paperback for cheap on Amazon and Overstock.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
Sarah2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will have to check that cookbook out. I am on my second day. This day is a lot harder then yesterday was. I find myself looking in the fridge to see what I can eat. I have plenty that I can much on but I am missing my carbs. I know that once I get over what I call the 4 day hump I will be fine but it is a struggle today!!