Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
What are you looking for?

I have been ECing since before it had a name, and have used different clothing for it. Lately I have been thinging about making some trainers for smaller babies, but need your input. What are you looking for in a trainer? Features, material, snaps, no snaps, colors, trimness, underware look, how much are you willig to pay for these features?

I will also need some testers one I have completed some. This product is mostly geared towards parents who dont always go nakey bum-it never worked for us and hubby cannot stand for the babies to be this way.

PLease PLease please, any input

mixed_chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: What are you looking for?

Honestly I don't use trainers until my kids can stand up, so itty-bitty trainers don't appeal to me. But what I would love in a trainer would be something that would fit for a long time and have tons of stretch to it, fit trim, dry fast, yet absorb an entire pee without spillage.

goldmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I EC both the kids and we use crotchless pants. They're not like the ones I've seen here in the states though. I purchased these from Taiwan. They literally have the crotch cut out. It's kinda an eye sore if you're out in public but when at home, they work great. I just hold the kids above the potty and they can go that way. If I could pick the type of trainers I could buy, I guess I would choose breathable cotton, no snaps (a slit instead) and fits like a pair of undies or pants.

Annie ~ rediculiously happy wife to my TC (03/27/05) SAHM to Christian (06/17/06), Ethan (07/27/07) and Bella (11/12/09)
christianethansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Probably won't used trainers for a bit as ds is 6 mo., teething and consistently going in his dipe...drives me nuts.

I like the G dipes (I use cloth inserts) as they have aplix and I can whip them off really quick. I agree with the notion of holding one whole pee without leak, and one that is either adjustable as they grow or just fits a large range of sizes. Trim is fine but not necessary. Cute is nice too (but one color, so it can match a bunch of things) so they can still run around the house and look ok (another reason I like the G's.)

My only beef with small child trainers is that they get wet more often so you have to have more as backup and if they are $12 a pop...No can do.

I'd be willing to be a tester when you are ready. Maybe ds will be too!!
Married to a great man, Momma to Z (10/07) and L (8/08) We adopted both the day they were born domestically. We are potty learned!!!

Last edited by z'smomma; 05-09-2008 at 11:13 PM.
z'smomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:31 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yah I am not into trainers with tiny babies because they don't have the control of their legs to help with straightening their legs to help with pulling up and down trainers...fitteds worked best for us...but I am sure there is a market for them for those who would use a trainer on a little baby...good luck
Wife to Neil Married 7/2/06 Mama to Taiven age 11, Skye 2 Sawyer Riley 5/28/08
TaivensMama is offline   Reply With Quote