Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
october05mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
another car seat question

my parents would like to get a car seat so they can take noah places. what is one that is super safe but not super expensive? we have a marathon but i don't want them to have to spend that much. of course if i was told that there was none safer, then that's the one that we would get, but i have to think there are some out there that are just as safe but maybe not as expensive. oh, i would want him to ride RF in their car just as he does with us. he is 19 months and 27 lbs.

anybody know anything about this seat?

http://www.epinions.com/content_261928619652

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Re: another car seat question

It is made by Britax and sold by Fisher Price. It has the same body as a Marathon with a different cover. That would be a great choice. All car seats sold have passed the same safety tests though, so any convertible seat would work. They might be a little less cushy, but safe just the same.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

I hear great things about this seat, although be aware they have discontinued this seat so if you find one the date of manufacture will be older so it won't last as long. A cosco scenara is a great seat, Rf to 35 lbs for $40. i have one for a back up.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
gabesmamamadeit
Registered Users
seller

The Fisher Price seats are just like the MAs, but they are most likely allready a year old or older.

The Evenflo Triumph Advanced is a really great seat. It is about $130 and Rfs to 35lbs and FFs to 50lbs. It has an infanate(I cant spell) harness, which basically meant no rethreading the straps to different heights. And it also has LOADS of EPS foam. More room for feet when RFing than a MA, IMO. You can find it at Target and babies R US.

The Scerena is a great LOW cost option but it can be hard to install, has no EPS foam and only FFs to 40lbs.

If your parents have more than one Grandchild it would be ideal because the straps adjust so eaisly.

Examples of my work
gabesmamamadeit is offline   Reply With Quote