Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #11
Jz_Doll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you EC in public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianethansmom View Post
I just hold 'em over the potty. With the fold-able seat, you have to deal with taking it out, storing it, etc. When I hold them, I hold them in front of me. One arm around their back under the armpit and the other one behind the knees. Then have them dangle over the toilet. That's what we've always done. When the boys are old enough to stand up to pee, we'll tackle the standing up positions.
that's how we do it, We just spent two weeks away from home, and the only dirty diaper was the start of a poo that my mom half caught and finished over the toilet.

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
lindsayjean
Registered Users

Today we just were at the farmers market (i.e. one toilet for a MILLION people and a loooong line) and we brought a potty chair and she sat in the trunk (hatchback lol) and it was like her own little bathroom. Worked PERFECTLY. Now I must go buy another potty chair to keep in the trunk so I can do this all the time!

ISO: newborn/small woolies- shorties and soakers
lindsayjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

i always keep a little potty in the trunk of my car, and we always tried to offer the potty when we would arrive places so that we wouldn't have to deal with public restrooms. in fact, even with my 5 year old and almost 3 year old (who's been out of any kind of trainer for well over a year) i always keep the little potty in the car, and depending on what kind of public restroom is available where we are going, i have them go in the car if i think they might need to.

in the absence of a little potty, i've held them over bushes, grass, in parking lots.... wherever. if they gotta go, they gotta go!

i did have one of those folding potty seats, but neither of my older kids liked it at all. i still have it, though, and will probably try it again when DD2 is old enough, as it's always nice to have options.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #14
*SweetPea83*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have good luck with the potty bowl from the ECStore!! They are small enough to fit in the diaper bag!!
Old 05-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #15
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are parking lot pee-ers too! No help here.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #16
Snazzy Fannies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I gotta say...to those of you who allow your children to pee in parking lots...as if the world wasn't dirty enough, we have to walk through your childs waste. That is just wrong, on so many levels.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #17
Mumma2Anna&Finn
Registered Users
seller

My MIL just kept a potty in the back of her van for whenever the kids had to go. That's our plan as well (although we don't EC, so we'll wait until we PL).

I'm really grossed out that people let their kids pee in parking lots and stuff too.... I'd never have even imagined it. I can see it if you're driving down a long straight stretch in the middle of nowhere and need to pull over on the side of the road, or are camping or something but in the mall parking lot? Ick...
Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #18
Nadine
Registered Users

we bring our bblp with us, and potty her in the car when we get to where we're going, and when we're leaving. also, if we're somewhere for a while and she cues that she needs to go, we go to the restroom and i'll hold her over the big potty while she goes, or sometimes i'll bring the bblp in with us (in a diaper bag) and we'll go into a bathroom stall and she'll use her bblp.
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #19
ChristieLee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For our little boy-we'd open both doors on the car and squat him and pee on the grass or parking lot-hoping he doesn't poop

For our little girl I take the splash anti tipper potty and sit in the car with her on it and then discreetly pour it out in the grass or parking lot.

i always try to park near grass which means I usually end up parking at the farthest point in the parking lot.

Ask me about the BEST teething/nursing necklace in the world!!! www.mommasjewels.com[/SIZE] I can get you a discount...shhh
ChristieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #20
MUHAJABAH
Registered Users
seller

What do you guys do with the pee after when you potty in the car?
MUHAJABAH is offline   Reply With Quote